ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Photography Comp Thingy

Hyundai i40
i keep forgetting its there...cant we sticky it in future?

different colours maybe

start with Blue?

Swift Sport
How about Clio pics, but with themes eg:- water theme, summer theme, graffiti theme etc. Maybe draw people in who wouldn't usually venture into the photography section.

Mental 172 Cup
What about if you set up a mailing list for those interested and e-mail them the details of every comp! I always tend to miss them but would like to enter most of them! :)

Nah, there's 8 billion Clio pics in Media already.

Plus not everyone has a Clio.

Cars we could do at a push..

But no, sorry, I'm not pissing about emailing people. Just keep an eye out.

lift number 1 @ btm
What have the themes been so far?

Lazy I know, but I bet I'm not the only person wondering?

Clio 172 Cup
why don't you rather then a theme say you have to get a certain object into a scene.

Lets just say a clio or what ever, then who ever comes up with the most imaginative use of said object wins.

get my drift?

Cupra
The list so far:

1 - Kitchen
2 - Yellow
3 - Capture the effects of modern industry on wildlife
4 - Spring Landscapes
5 - Sky
6 - Old & New
7 - Macro/Close Up
8 - Black & White
9 - Body Parts
10 - Motion
11 - Running Water
12 - Graffiti
13 - Night / Reflections
14 - Texture
15 - Autumn
16 - Photo of the year
17 - Lazy Days / Time
18 - "ICON" or "ICONIC"
19 - Numbers
20 - Upon Reflection
21 - Golden Hour
22 - Candid
23 - Bokeh
24 - Shadows
25 - Long Exposures
26 - Liquids
27 - Shot of the year
28 - People Taking Pictures & Colour Popping
29 - Food & Drink
30 - The Streets
31 - Electrical

ITB BG 182
Why not some thing to promote cliosport.net in a different angle?
All the flyers that cs members get in the packs, see what un-usual place you can place the flyer and take a picture in and artistic kind of form.

This happend on another forum i was on and picture of their flyer below speed cameras with smiley faces drawn on them to places up in high rise buildings, some people went a bit crazy and stuck them to certain vans with flashy lights on top and got a moving picture with the sticker just under it.
Ban photoshoping all together as thats cheating.

ITB BG 182
OR you could even take it to historic buildings and sculptures, people that live near older buildings will see the old towers with gargoils on and also in some places angels that you can clearly see the age.
Go in to a church and look at the ceils, some of them have bose's that each one is usually designed and crafted 100's of years ago.

Nimbus 197
Perhaps we could decide on a list of themes - one for each month of the year - instead of having the winner choose one after every round. Should give people more time to prepare something as they know what to expect.

I realise this doesn't solve the theme problem but I'm sure we can come up with a good list of 11 themes that we can do. The last month can be used for "Photo of the Year."

I think lack of promotion of the thread is a much bigger issue than the subject

I didn't even notice there was a new competition

None are more promoted than others.

It's always done the same way. It's just a bit of fun.

Why not some thing to promote cliosport.net in a different angle?
All the flyers that cs members get in the packs, see what un-usual place you can place the flyer and take a picture in and artistic kind of form.

This happend on another forum i was on and picture of their flyer below speed cameras with smiley faces drawn on them to places up in high rise buildings, some people went a bit crazy and stuck them to certain vans with flashy lights on top and got a moving picture with the sticker just under it.
Ban photoshoping all together as thats cheating.

It's not about ClioSport or the flyers or anything like that. This is totally seperate. If you want to take pics of your car, then there's Clio Media. This is for everything else.

Banning photoshop is not only crazy but unworkable. People can't follow the simple rules as it is.

Perhaps we could decide on a list of themes - one for each month of the year - instead of having the winner choose one after every round. Should give people more time to prepare something as they know what to expect.

I realise this doesn't solve the theme problem but I'm sure we can come up with a good list of 11 themes that we can do. The last month can be used for "Photo of the Year."

I think we still need to keep the winner choosing a new theme, just needs a bit of a boost. Winner picking the theme gives people something to 'aim' for.

I do think it needs to be a bit more regular though. So we say start a new one on 1st. Pics close on the 20th. Vote for a week. Then another one ready for the 1st.

Nimbus 197
I think we still need to keep the winner choosing a new theme, just needs a bit of a boost. Winner picking the theme gives people something to 'aim' for.

I do think it needs to be a bit more regular though. So we say start a new one on 1st. Pics close on the 20th. Vote for a week. Then another one ready for the 1st.

Fair play. I just thought that if we have fixed, more general themes, it would encourage people to consistently take part. Roll on the 1st, I've got some new toys coming :)

Megane
I have an idea!! Instead of having a competition to win the prize of choosing a theme, why don't we have a Show me thread and speed things up.

For example someone starts and posts a car

Then says show me a plane.

Whoever puts a plane says show me a beach etc.

Quick turnaround, no voting just appreciating each others photos :D

If this kicks off you won't even need it to be stickied
Just an idea :D

Nimbus 197
I have an idea!! Instead of having a competition to win the prize of choosing a theme, why don't we have a Show me thread and speed things up.

For example someone starts and posts a car

Then says show me a plane.

Whoever puts a plane says show me a beach etc.

Quick turnaround, no voting just appreciating each others photos :D

If this kicks off you won't even need it to be stickied
Just an idea :D

I have a feeling "show me boobies" would come up a lot...this is CS remember!

330ci sport
How about a 'your real life' theme? Kinda just pictures capturing moments in our daily life. Broad theme and will bring varied pics!!