ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Photography National Meet

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
Thought I'd get a thread up and get this going. Could be up for a meet in Town or at a local Park or by a River? Could do this once or twice a year if need be, be really good to see the good photographers helping out the novices and that.

Be good if it was somewhere central, just an idea Nottingham/Sheffield, thoughts?

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Could do with a members map and try to get central from there.
I imagine Birmingham has a bit more to photograph than Nottingham. I've never been to Sheffield so don't know about there.
Birmingham is probably quicker on the train than Nottingham as there are less changes for me but I probably wouldn't mind driving to most places.

Any others to consider? Manchester? Liverpool?

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
Never been to those places for a walk around like that I've mentioned. But Liverpool sounds like a great idea. Loads of places to photo and never been there and the riverside is meant to be really lovely

Have lived in Nottingham and went to uni in Sheffield - both OK, but nothing to shout about photography wise IMO.

Birmingham, Manchester, Liverpool or London are more interesting photography wise.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Would be good of something to come of this, especially if it's in the midlands!

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Do you all work Mon - Fri?
I work ten on ten off so can do pretty much any day really after the next couple of weeks.

Matt_90

ClioSport Club Member
  Sprint/climb 106 gti
Ideally a weekend would work for me, a Saturday ideally. I don't mind travelling but I am unsure of any good places in the midlands. I live just south of London.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
I've just been looking on Flickr for some inspiration in Birmingham and I was left fairly underwhelmed.
Maybe I just didn't look hard enough but there seemed to be very little that stood out.
The Selfridges building looks good but has been done to death.

For me, Liverpool is good, has plenty to see, is a small city so can be covered quite quickly and I would be able to show people around there. Would be good in the winter months so you can go up the cathedral for a high viewpoint.

Manchester I'm still a bit unsure of but there's plenty of people on here I think that could point us in the right directions.

London is really good but too far for a few people.

Anyone else got suggestions? Know cities well enough to show others around? Have particular photos that they want to get?

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
I'm happy to do anything! I just thought cities as it might have been easier for people to meet up but out in the sticks works for me. Somewhere close to a decent pub for food!

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
That was my thinking. Decent but of grub for when we are done.

I'll get thinking of places near there worth a shot

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah. I'm not too sure on anywhere in the sticks other than Snowdonia which is a fair trek for the majority.
Peak District looks alright from Google maps although I've never been. Could be a bit too North for some though?

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
I'm not knowlagble on cities down south but Liverpool would be my choice. Out of town I'm up for too something worth while and a nice pub meal sounds good too with a flask of coffee

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
Sheffield isn't great for photography imo. Liverpool would be a good shout.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
So Liverpool is a go then? I know it's getting on Xmas. How about we go for a go in January say the 24/25th weekend?

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
I can do Liverpool. I'm not too sure on the date as I don't know my rota yet. It's constantly changing at the moment due to new starters.

If you want to set that as a date I'll let you know as soon as I know my rota and hopefully make the meet.

We should do a countryside one too, maybe in spring /early summer?

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
End of January now, still would like this to happen, any more interest in this? Just need a good date to set and go from there. I think Liverpool is still a good shout.