ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

photography

MK2 PH2 172 cup
hi all, just bought a decent camera for the first time ever a Nikon D40x DSLR with a few extra goodies, ive been trying to get pics of moving cars bikes etc and keep the background blured with just the camera not using the likes of photo shop, has any body got any advice, apart from give it up lol :D
dsc0018lzj.jpg

MK2 PH2 172 cup
Is that your first attempt mate?

Because that's a pretty good go TBH.
cheers :D yeah first moveing object ive ever done would have been better if i could have took one of a Clio, but sat on bypass for over 40 mins and not a single clio in sight :(

Ian

Focus TDCi
1/40th is very slow until you get used to panning. I'm new to it as well, but my success rate below 1/100th is a little bit sketchy. This looks to have come out well, although at 1/40th you'll find that it becomes more of an 'abstract' shot, with not all the car being in focus.

If you're looking for more tips have a read of ukaskew's motorsport guide stickied at the top of the section.

MK2 PH2 172 cup
1/40th ?:S dont know s*d all about my camera tbh apart fro i need to set the iso to a slow speed my lowest is 100 and its suposed to sort out ther appature itself i think or something like that

1/40th is very slow until you get used to panning. I'm new to it as well, but my success rate below 1/100th is a little bit sketchy. This looks to have come out well, although at 1/40th you'll find that it becomes more of an 'abstract' shot, with not all the car being in focus.

If you're looking for more tips have a read of ukaskew's motorsport guide stickied at the top of the section.

This is the best advice you can take.

Also look at the beginners guide also by Ukaskew.

They taught me all the basics, a very simple guide, but awesome.

182 (Conversion)
As indicated, start with a pretty quick shutter speed. Get used to panning at a constant speed and slowly lower your shutter speed.

MK2 PH2 172 cup
:S been playing with the D40x since i posted this thread :(
i know how to set the iso and AFC but when looking through my view finder to set shutter speed i get Lo f 4 ,or Lo f 5, etc not 1/320
:( help !

MK2 PH2 172 cup
hate to seem stupid but still not getting the shutter speed :S issue rotating the dial whilst half depresing shutter button i see 100 f4 rotating the dial alters the 100 but dont see anything like 1/100 or 1/300, can anybody tell me how to do this on a nikon d40x, if i didnt shave my head id be pulling my hair out:(

Nimbus 197
hate to seem stupid but still not getting the shutter speed :S issue rotating the dial whilst half depresing shutter button i see 100 f4 rotating the dial alters the 100 but dont see anything like 1/100 or 1/300, can anybody tell me how to do this on a nikon d40x, if i didnt shave my head id be pulling my hair out:(

I'm guessing it's similar to a D60 so....(in M mode) look through the viewfinder after focussing, you should see something like this...

eg. 100 f2.8 + --- | --- -

100 = shutter speed value
f2.8 = aperture value
the bar thing = exposure bar

now if you rotate the thumb dial, it should change the shutter speed value. if you hold the right button behind the shutter release button and then rotate the thumb dial, this should change the aperture value.

PS. in the viewfinder...

100 = 1/100s
1" = 1s

etc.

HTH!

MK2 PH2 172 cup
:D yeah thats exactly what i see :approve: thanks for that your a star :star:
i might get somewhere now lol