ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Photos of Pre-tensioners?

N/A Currently
I dont suppose someone has any photos of where pre-tensioners can be found within a 172?

I'm trying to figure out what i'm looking for so I can see which ones I need to replace.

Cheers
Si

SchwepTek™
If you follow the seatbelt clip it is attached to a bronze cylinder. This is the pretensioner.

Why do you need to replace one?

i'm just going to photo a rear tensioner for someone else in a minute and also have a (fired) front one that i can post up here

ed. otherwise, it's pretty much as your last thread - v easy to tell if they've gone off

hope this works -

fpt.jpg

^ fired front PT; the belt buckle clip is on a steel cord that is fired along the tube as it goes off. (that one looks odd as the plastic trim surrounding the clip broke)

rpt1.jpg

^ fired rear PT. the easiest way to tell a fired one is in fact that the belt will have locked. i believe you need to remove the PT mech from the reel to unlock them again. other than that, you can tell by looking into the hole on the end of the tube - the wire mesh will be right up to it if it has fired (it's about 1" or so down the tube in an unfired one)