ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Photoshop help - wide arch a 197...

406 V6, Race Buggy
...with some conditions, the top of the arch needs to be lifted up to the red line, and encircle the green....:D

I tried in paint, failed miserably to make it look like anything other than some cardboard boxes stuck on the sides, some whiz in PS want to try their hand?

Photo to alter nicked from google:
renault_sport_clio_12.jpg

Conditions:
197_offroad.jpg

The green parts are a guide for the wheel size, and could be shuffled forwards/back slightly if need be.

406 V6, Race Buggy
Thanks, back arch still needs to be bigger though, anyone have a go at widening the arches by 2-3 inches?
Just trying to get an idea of what the car'll look like...see if it looks daft or not on big rally wheels and wide arches.

This was what I got after 10 minutes with paint lifting the front arch, but I'm struggling to make it any wider:

197_offroad_initial.jpg

Ignore the wheel, it'll be on Compomotives :cool:

406 V6, Race Buggy
Now I like that with the extended rear arches/bumper, still need to be bigger at the rear though, the back will be on biiiig wheels - 31" tall with the rally tyres.
Looks like it might work out looking okay anyway!

Next question, anyone got a 3D model of a 197? :D

406 V6, Race Buggy
Yep, very big wheels/tyres!

They'd be about the rough equivalent of a 265/70 R16 road tyre, and a 235/70 R16 up front.

Last edited:
  406 V6, Race Buggy
Thanks.

Looks like the wheels/tyres will go in without the bodywork looking chopped to death/s**te anyway, just need to sort out something with the front bumper to stop it getting ripped off.

Last edited:

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
Are you thinking of making a silhouette body of a 197 to go over your buggy frame?

406 V6, Race Buggy
It won't be whilst the beginning of next year, just getting idea's and components together at the minute for the planning stages.

While I'm at it, anyone point me to any nice threads on hopped up Megane engines/reliability, planning on using standard block, DTA(or perhaps one of Matts) standalone, and probably just new manifolds/turbo - keep the base engine as standard as possible in case it blows up, easy swap for a new one then.
330bhp on standard internals with perfect reliability a big ask or not? I know the N/A F4R's are struggling for much more than 260bhp in n/a trim.

Or would I be better looking at another motor?

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Had a go of making the bumper wider too...

ee7dfdb0.jpg

Awesome idea mate... The successor to the v6 that Renault should have made! Have you seen Andyrg's build thread? 225 engine in a ph1. Can't remember what it's running but it may be worth a look

406 V6, Race Buggy
Had a go of making the bumper wider too...

Thanks!
Yes, looks pretty tidy, actually, I think that looks better than the standard one :D

Might not after chopping the front bumper to stop it hitting the floor though, have to have a bit of head scratching on that yet.

Did think about a V6 (albeit a Nissan 3.7, don't rate the Clio V6 unit) but it means running a transfer box and two sets of propshafts forwards and back, gets a bit messy! 4-pot turbo power should suit the car better.