ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

pic request: 172 engine bays

PH1_172
im wanting a nicer looking engine bay just wanted to get some ideas also whats the best filter for the 172

VRS
the mk1 172 has the best designed airbox so the best thing to do is get a replacement panel filter like an itg and then just improve the cold air supply by fitting bigger air feeds

PH1_172
looks nice ollzie this is what i have it looks like a green cotton filter but it has a heatshield round it not sure what though lol (th filter was on the car when bought it)
225552702.gif

225552711.gif

and yes i know engine bay needs a major clean lol :)

CTR--VX220D
Do a search on here - im sure this thread comes up every other day.

I have some pics in my blog.

<------------------------

Evo VI Tommi Makinen
Here's mine. I have a spare plenham going for sale if you want one polished up.

Attachments

• Engine 3.JPG
    Engine 3.JPG
    186.2 KB · Views: 82
  • Engine 5.JPG
    Engine 5.JPG
    180.2 KB · Views: 104
  RSTUNER'ED-C&B'ED RS-1
i donno know who did it but it is certainly the worst design right after the OPEN IK's, if you still could find the bottom end cap, put it back there and get bigger bore induction hoses and an ITG panel filter.

Before, I was using pipercross viper once I removed it I realized how bad it was. MPG was pretty bad.

Certainly pipercross viper is not a bad filter but once you put it on any car you should get it remapped. Ok I accept the lean mixture wont damage your car immediately but cannot get 100 % efficiency without remapping your car.

Again maxogen is very nice lookin toy, but still has some problems even though its good design, it still sucks hot air from the engine bay and is pretty expensive. There is a dyno result posted on their website if you carefully check it, they trimmed the lower rpm's data, never showed it. I am 100 % sure that you are losing some power with these induction kits on a standart map using car.

looks nice ollzie this is what i have it looks like a green cotton filter but it has a heatshield round it not sure what though lol (th filter was on the car when bought it)
225552702.gif

225552711.gif

and yes i know engine bay needs a major clean lol :)

Last edited: