ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Pic request..Big break Kits

Valver..
lookin at up gradin my breaks on the Valver looking at the K-tec racing 285mm big break kit, peoples views on these?

Also i wanna see if they look the nads so pics please with the wheels on or off!!!

VRS
on a serious note, i think rich_16v had a big brake kit on his valver and dazg has just got a k-tec brake kit on his 182. might be worth a search :)

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
I had the ktec kit on mine and worked well for what i used! :)

Looked good too!

clo9.gif

Valver..
cheers guys any pics floatin about, i do a few track days mainly road use so dont wont out to OTT. found it a tad cheeky they want £120 to fit the breaks... so me and my mate are goin to fit them...

Forget them there useless there no better than stock and are just for looks. DS2500's and stock disks etc are fine and cheaper.
They do look good if you like the dig disk look.

Silly price though.

320d
Some brembo max discs standard size and DS2500 pads or Mintex 1144's and you can't go wrong in my opinion.

No real point paying that kind of cash for two pot brakes, my four pots were over kill but thats much more money again

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
i have the ktec big brake kit and am very happy with them now that they have been run in, the green stuff pads that they supply with their kits arent the best and the kit itself isnt the cheapest but the reason i bought from them is due to the poor customer service i recieved from another 'specailist' but ktec delivered in that respect. i think there are some pics on the gallery of mine

Valver..
the 2 pots i was on about... but ppl dont seen to think they are worth... now im thinkin if i can get the same performance for half the price..then i aint dishin out £300 for breaks...:D

320d
Try gsfcarparts.com for the discs you get cliosport member discount and they'll have a local branch so you can collect to avoid postage costs.

Never tried those pads but they're for track use according to the link. Mintex 1144 pads are about £30 for the fronts

Valver..
iight cheers rich.. ive got a gsf centre round the corner soo ill pop in one day during work!

GavFre how would u spend the money then :D

320d
^ Dwarf p**n ;)

You're looking at about £100 for the discs and pads and its a good setup, just keep the rears stock as they do next to nothing anyway

Valver..
^ Dwarf p**n ;)

You're looking at about £100 for the discs and pads and its a good setup, just keep the rears stock as they do next to nothing anyway

fort it might be p**n.. but dwarf...thats just worng :p

Cheers for the help rich saved us alot of money! ill have a look about for the pads and see how cheap i can get em!

G_F

BMW M3 & Williams 3
Big brake kits? i could think of a thousand better ways to spend the money

i think 4pots are more than worht the money

On a 2grand car without tb's/turbo? i couldnt. I know they are good though, but i was talking about big brake kits.

GavFre how would u spend the money then :D

Well is your car in perfect condition? if the ball joints, arbs bushes, track rods etc etc are old and i had money to burn, thats the sory of direction i would take, useful items.

Just my op[inion of course.