ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Pic Request: Clio DCI Intercooler

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
Hi Guys, need a quick pic or 2 of a Clio DCI 80 and or 100 intercooler if possible.

watching a DCI65 on ebay at the moment and just need to see roughly what size of intercooler i could fit on it! lol

185lb/ft dCi
erm, dcioffice isn't working at the moment, not good.

the 80 intercooler is bigger than the 100 one, it is probably about the same size as the radiator. the whole of the 100 IC can be seen from the bottom grill, it is half the size of the 80 and is 17% more efficient.

can fit some 3rd party intercoolers, vincent has done it on his.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
so theres plenty of room to fit a big front mount behind the lower grill then? does the grill need removed to fit a decent size aftermarket one or will it fit behind?

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
lol thats brilliant!!

just watching one on ebay for a runabout to take 172 off the road for a bit as it needs cambelt exhaust etc but just fancied an intercooler and remap

Ideal get the biggr injectors from a 80 as well or easier still get an 80 and remap saves the hastle.

185lb/ft dCi
edde do the injectors work from an 80 on the 65?? I'm sure they fit but the guys in portugal had some problems with the mapping?

I have emailed paul@rstuning but no reply yet

80 injectors would be awesome!

edde do the injectors work from an 80 on the 65?? I'm sure they fit but the guys in portugal had some problems with the mapping?

I have emailed paul@rstuning but no reply yet

80 injectors would be awesome!

Yep they do just need to have them coded to the car ECU (renault etc have to plu the carin and program the injectors to the ECU)

Give Paul a ring emailmight be busy etc.

80 njectors are btter but youcan do better with cutom mde stuff but you'd end up limiting stuff to protect the box.

185lb/ft dCi
I was just asking as I haven't actually seen it been done before. have you ever seen it done? sounds really good though.

paul can do all the programming for the injectors can't he? I think he can

also what would it be like for the 65s gearbox, how much could it take? already got the dci100 IC installed, so that, injectors and remap, I'm not sure whether the box would be able to take it!

what do you mean about custom stuff? the injectors?

is it a big job replacing the injectors, i'll have to check it out.

thanks for the info, legend

Last edited:
also what would it be like for the 65s gearbox, how much could it take? already got the dci100 IC installed, so that, injectors and remap, I'm not sure whether the box would be able to take it!

what do you mean about custom stuff? the injectors?

is it a big job replacing the injectors, i'll have to check it out.

thanks for the info, legend

Paul can program them tyep it makes a difference basically the car is a 80 then when you use an intercooler.

Custom injectyors is the way to big power

Injectors are easy to chnage just got to do it right and program them to the ECU

dci126 & H&R'd 1*2
here's mine :D
during installation, tight sqeeze:rasp:
Afb469.jpg

finished product
Afb471.jpg

anyways
with this setup (IC, dci80 injectors, turbo&diesel pressure up, k&n with caf, decat and remap) i have 126bhp at the flywheel which is 101.6bhp atw and 276Nm of torque

I suggest you go with the dci100 ic, it's the simplest to fit, the dci80 is a real bugger to fit and isn't even that effective, and it even looks wrong too;).

If you want i'll search for the part number of the dci100 intercooler, got it lying here somewhere, with the pipes i cant help cuz mine are dci80 ones with ss custom pieces.
I can also take a few pics of the dci80 and 100 IC as i've still got both lying in my shed.

Last edited:
  clio II 1.5dci70hp
Hi vincent. Do you have pic of your car graphic after the remap? i€ also have a dci :D is it easy to find dci80 injectors where you live?

cheers