ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

PIC Request: RB 182 on K tec coilovers

Fiesta ST200
As per the title, preferably with standard wheels and wound all the way down!

Also, can you get rear spacers for 182 cups?

Have a look at Y7 ADW. Nicest RB on here imo.

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?613079-Autumnal-RB

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?586068-Sunday-evening-drive-in-the-RB

6419263751_60ba530663_z.jpg

Yea I'm pretty sure I remember him saying its on Ktecs.
Don't know if he has spacers on his or not. Not as far as I know.

Your better going for Vmaxx's if you've got cup/cup packed suspension and want budget coilovers mate.
They allow for full camber adjustment, whereas the Ktecs its limited, because they purely moved the bolt hole, rather than changing the shape of the strut. Both will be fine for lows, ride comfort not too great though.

Spacers you can get. Make sure you get Hubcentric's which have a lip for the wheel to sit on.
Have a look at FK/Eibach/H&R. Not cheap though.

Z4
Check out my photos too mate, sits well, not very well damped IMO, crashy when you're on anything mildly bumpy.

Id probably go h&rs!

Peugeot 308
I had Ktec's on my Ph1, not really that confidence inspiring tbh!

Now I've got an RB 182 Cup, I wont be gracing them with cheap coilovers, handling as standard is brilliant... It would be stupid to lose that for some lows.

I havent had much experience with coilovers if im honest, but go for something abit more reputable imo.

All depends what you want mate tbh. I guess only real way to tell is to find someone local to you with ktec/vmaxx that you can go for a ride in and see what you think.

If your only after lows they're fine. people say they're too soft for track.

Have a look at some of my old RB (now owned by chris_p)

Thats on K-tech's and were quite low.

You get what you pay for. Not the most refined and are abit crashy, are too soft so they scrape occasionally on dips in the road etc

Not as bad as people make out though. Cheap as chips.

Fiesta ST200
So k-tec are better than GAZ?

I do the occasional track day, so I kinda want it to handle. Thoughts on V-Max?

I can live with a harsh ride.

Joah

ClioSport Club Member
Gaz are hideous

I changed from these, very crashy. Havent been in the Ktec/vmaxx but would imagine they are of the same quality.

If you want something that will be good on track then you have to either spend more or keep the standards imo, if you want it for low then the cheap is fine.

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
So k-tec are better than GAZ?

I do the occasional track day, so I kinda want it to handle. Thoughts on V-Max?

I can live with a harsh ride.

not quite. Ktec ones are cheap. You get cheap parts for small amounts of money, but they're passable for the cost. GAZ are worse, and double the price. Vmaxx are in the same budget bracket I guess, OK for the money but don't expect stunning performance. Vmaxx are the only budget coilovers with the correct cup pack bolt spacing. Fine on the road, but don't bother going near a track. Got a brand new set on the shelf actually

Spax would be a million times better in every way

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
And thanks by the way cub, that looks gorgeous :O

That's ok. Its not mine, its DubDub's, I'm sure he will pleased to hear it is liked though. Agree with the others, if its track work you will be doing, go with something better than V-Maxx or K-Tec. I plumped for Bilstein B14's on mine, and have been happy with them;

photo7.jpg

Fiesta ST200
Think im going to have to spend the extra and go for spax seeing as everyone is raving about them. there must be a reason for that.

I plan on visiting quite a few tracks so they would be ideal.

But OUCH at £900 :( :(

If I was in your situation, and I have been....

I would be going for some new shocks (Koni maybe), Eibach Sportlines, maybe a RARB and save yourself hundreds for track days...

Unless your a driving guru, you really wont notice much difference.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
If I was in your situation, and I have been....

I would be going for some new shocks (Koni maybe), Eibach Sportlines, maybe a RARB and save yourself hundreds for track days...

Unless your a driving guru, you really wont notice much difference.

This, or trophy suspension or most likely H&Rs

Z4
Will V-maxx be terrible on a track though? Handle worse than standard springs?

Doubt it. The same can be said for ktecs.
On track ktecs are better than standard IMO, faaaar less roll, and any crashyness is not noticed, it's only on crappy b roads this is an issue.

I don't think I'd spend 900 on coilovers... If I was going to shell out I'd get mark fish to set it up properly :)

Doubt it. The same can be said for ktecs.
On track ktecs are better than standard IMO, faaaar less roll, and any crashyness is not noticed, it's only on crappy b roads this is an issue.

Agree. They are crap for road-use due to being too soft and crashy. On a track they wont be brilliant but will be better than standard...

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
I had vmaxx dont do it imo. Firstly there not great for b road and they throw you all over the shop.
and secondly they are never going to survive track unelss you leave them at stupid high to prevent scrubbing.

Save and go for something better.

Fiesta ST200
If a v-maxx kit improves the handling on track and looks great, ill go for that. I can deal with a harsh ride, not sure about the girlfriend though :/ paha!

Bear in mind I wont be at a circuit every weekend. And Im still learning a lot.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
You will regret it mate they roll f**king loads and will cause lots of problems at anything lower that 30-40mm better of just getting some springs than vmaxx.

I've been there and regretted it just passing on the sort of advice I wish I had got before buying mine.

Fiesta ST200
Oh okay :(

And everyone thinks GAZ are crap as well. Im just f**ked on the whole really!

All I want is good looks and for it to handle well for a track day every month, seems too much to ask haha!