ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Pick me a tyre

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
I've used the Toyo and the Hankook. The Hankook is my number 1 choice now, the Toyo is soft and wears poorly, and poor wet weather performance. No idea re the rainsport though.

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
UR2
V12 Evo
T1-R

In that order, based only on what reviews and opinions I have read.

Thanks chaps.

I've only ever heard good reviews about the rainsports in the wet... but what are they like in the dry? It's between the Hankooks and the Uniroyals I think...

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Have you considered the Hankook S1 EVO? I'll be trying that next, reviewing well in the euro tests.

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172
Rainsports are spot on in the dry as well would definately reccomend them..

Stagecoach Ticket
I have the toyo's they dnt seem to bad tbh understand what brown bear sais about the wet issue and the wearing though

never used rainsports but hear good things about them same with the hankooks

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172
As per wear i'm pretty sure the hankooks are a pretty soft compound like the toyo's..?

Ultimately with the crap weather and winter looking like it's already on it's way i'd opt for the rainsports.. it's in the name really..

Toms_clio

ClioSport Club Member
  TRACK CAR BREAKING
i have always gone with t1-rs but after what everyone else has said i might get the UNIROYAL RAINSPORT 2
i found the proxies really good in wet and dry but did wear out fast!

Mk2 Ph2
Interesting... Anyone comment on how long the Rainsports last?
I've had the 2 on the back of my car for over 8000 miles and theyre still got lots of thread left, thats a year and a half or something ive had mine for now but just recently replaced my front ones with rainsports too.

Last edited:

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
As per wear i'm pretty sure the hankooks are a pretty soft compound like the toyo's..?

Ultimately with the crap weather and winter looking like it's already on it's way i'd opt for the rainsports.. it's in the name really..

The hankooks are nothing like as soft as the toyo. Nothing.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Test result comments on the Hankook S1 EVO "The Hankook is the best wet weather tyre in the test, offering the highest levels of grip. It also offers excellent performance in the dry"

From http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Best all round tyre I've used on road/track. Although the Conti's on the 200 are very good.

A well built VW
I have the rainsports, reckon i have done 15k and the fronts are down to around 3mm but i have a dci and it tends to be harsh on the fronts regardless rears have around 5mm left

Wet weather they are great but in the dry and pushing it hard you will feel it as the sidewalls are a bit on the soft side otherwise they are great, i would get another set regardless with our weather its 90% wet anyway lol

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
I've used the Toyo and the Hankook. The Hankook is my number 1 choice now, the Toyo is soft and wears poorly, and poor wet weather performance. No idea re the rainsport though.

They arn't great in the wet from a cornering grip point of view, but the are more than sufficeient and safe! I doubt they are worse on stopping distance than their competitors. As for wear, i find them very good.

Assuming this is for Audi, I bought Vredesteins this time round, i wouldn't buy them again...The balance overall isn't as good as the PS2/3...Michelin trump all imo.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
They arn't great in the wet from a cornering grip point of view, but the are more than sufficeient and safe! I doubt they are worse on stopping distance than their competitors. As for wear, i find them very good.

Assuming this is for Audi, I bought Vredesteins this time round, i wouldn't buy them again...The balance overall isn't as good as the PS2/3...Michelin trump all imo.
I didn't mention safety bellend. You buy them because they're cheap, and you're Scottish/Jew. The sew your wallets up straight after they circumcise you.

M2 Competition
The toyos are appalling in the wet. They have budget tyre wet weather performance, stopping distance, cornering etc etc.

Id go for the hankooks Dan, although im sure the rainsports will hold up well also.

If you're after 4, am i right in assuming new wheels for the shed?? ;)

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
The toyos are appalling in the wet. They have budget tyre wet weather performance, stopping distance, cornering etc etc.

Id go for the hankooks Dan, although im sure the rainsports will hold up well also.

If it's quattro, don't they advise doing all 4 at once?

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
I didn't mention safety bellend. You buy them because they're cheap, and you're Scottish/Jew. The sew your wallets up straight after they circumcise you.

Not thats not really true is it!!! I'm a generous Jew!

Safety is apart of performance and tyre evaluation YOU bellend!

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Not thats not really true is it!!! I'm a generous Jew!

Safety is apart of performance and tyre evaluation YOU bellend!
Look, dickhead, if safety is a part of performance the Toyo's reviews show them to be truely woeful. Now f**k off. Surely you eletricity allowance must be nearly up.

These are going on the sport wheels, I can't afford 18" wheels AND tyres :(