ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Picked up the MK1 172!

Astra 1.9cdti XP

Yesterday!!

Titanium Silver, 2001 on an X, not a mark on it, new tyres all round. FRSH, 17k miles on the clock, no rattles or squeeks. £7k :D I reackon it was a bargain considering the miles and the condition!

Anyway after owning a CTR for 8 month it is a bit of a come down in terms a build quality and prestige. The CTR was more solidly built and felt like a much more expensive car (including my MK" 172). Anyway I was looking for some cheap fun cut down on insurance and petrol costs. And this MK1 will do just that. Got no finance on it either.

The interior feels a bit dated but seems well put together. Everything still feels tight and I had forgotton how heavy the clutch is! I can feel the speed more in this than the CTR but thats all part of the fun! Feels pretty quick too much quicker top end than my old 172 but not sure about the CTR.

Had some fun on the way back from Barnsley!!! All the way from Leeds to just north of Darlington on the A1 I was in convoy with a White 16V and a Clio Cup! Anyone from here????

[Edited by geordiepaul on 09 September 2004 at 10:59am]

Similar spec and price I paid for mine. I have never looked back. I love the underrated look of the Mark 1, people dont really know what it is until they cant get past you.

The build is crap though. I am trying to sort out the drivers door window, if it is not fully down it rattles and it ca nbe annoying. That is the only problem I have with it

Quote: Originally posted by m_darby on 09 September 2004

The build is crap though. I am trying to sort out the drivers door window, if it is not fully down it rattles and it ca nbe annoying. That is the only problem I have with it
Lucky you