ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Picking my 200 up soon!!!!

Found out from Richard that I can pick up my new 200 a week tomorrow and thought I would share my excitement with you guys!!! 9 weeks since I ordered have flown by, can't wait to give it the beans!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
You'll love it!

I'm loving mine at the moment although my wife isn't loving the 23.2mpg its currently showing! lol.

That's the bit I'm not looking forward to but will only be doing 6000 miles a year in it so won't be too expensive.

I'll have to meet up with you guys at a meet soon!

Saw a white 200 the other day, looked awesome!

Is it really that bad? Didn't seem that bad on test drive but Richard probably made sure we didn't go on any bad roads so we wouldn't notice!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Its not great, but I've just come from a £28k Audi so its going to be a bit different.

Motorways are the worst though, I was laughing my tits off coming back to Bristol. Bouncing all over the road!

Worth it on a country lane though, the speed it can go around corners is frightening.

I'll make sure I don't show it a dual carriageway or motorway then, which will be hard on the way back to Bournemouth!

Taking it through the corners on test drive sold it to me.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I am so so so pleased with it. Everything on the 197 that annoyed me has been massively improved on the 200.

(apart from the front end, its the 197's uglier brother)

Had a 182 before but never driven a 197. Have heard its a big improvement over the 197 though.

Some pics show it as an ugly car but I think it looks great in the flesh! Especially white on black!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
How is this....
SS856679.jpg

Better than this???

197 is a proper good looking car imo.

I'm surprised you two hate the looks so much, but you still bought one!

I guess you must love the drive a lot.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I'm not concerned with what it looks like.

I bought the Audi to look good, and it bored the absolute tits off me. So much so I did more miles in my 180,000 mile Astra Van than I did in a brand new Audi! lol.

I wanted a car to enjoy driving, and the 200 cannot be beaten atm. (In my opinion of course)

182 Trophy
I've never agreed with the ugly comments since the first time I saw one in the flesh.

Square on from the front at first glance can be abit "yikes" but I think its a cool look and makes them stand out.

GiT

ClioSport Club Member
  Shit little Yaris...
Don't look bad at all, just not a good looking as some hatches gone by.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
It's ugly. There isn't a discussion about it.

That nimbus 197 above gives me wood! The 200 leaves me flacid.

Found out from Richard that I can pick up my new 200 a week tomorrow and thought I would share my excitement with you guys!!! 9 weeks since I ordered have flown by, can't wait to give it the beans!

What colour mate? I'll keep an eye out for you...

Glacier White mate with cup spoiler which might make me stand out from the other white 200 in the area.

Week to go!

Da

Less
Nice choice, excellent spec too... :approve:

DSC00316.jpg

DSC00323.jpg

Personally I think the 200 front end makes the 197 now look dated. But hey ho, I'm allowed my opinion, even if it is deemed to be wrong ;)

You'll love it mate! :)

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
When you say frightening what is it like compared to the Evo's and M3's you've had in the past?

Hmmm, good question.

The Evo was on Rock hard coilovers and the M3 had Linglong tyres on the front and Eagle F1's on the rear so bear that in mind...

The Evo always felt out of control. Way too hard. Used to skip all over the place. The M3 was a beast and you would be scared about how fast you were going before the car got upset and lost traction. In the CLio, it gives you soooo much confidence. The brakes are good (i knew that anyway from being a passenger in a R27 at the ring) so good infact that after 7 laps non stop at the ring, they still weren't fading! the steering in the Clio is rediculously direct aswell. the slightest movement of the wheel will affect your direction.

The Evo and the M3 were a fair bit older than my clio so overall, they felt a bit 'woolly' in comparison.

And on a side note, at a track day I did in the M3 (E36 evo) I used less petrol than a member on here used in his 197!! lol.

Richard at crawley has said my new 200 will be at his dealership tomorrow!

Can't wait to see pics and should pick it up on Sunday morning!