ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

pics of my car after the conversion.with new simota induction kit!(56k beware!!!)

clio (sleeper)
i dont know wether i like the induction kit yet?......any oppinions welcome!
menleon063.jpg

menleon062.jpg

menleon060.jpg

menleon059.jpg

menleon057.jpg

menleon068.jpg

menleon067.jpg

menleon064.jpg

menleon071.jpg

R35 GTR
looks good, now strip the interior and you should be lighter than cups, if not already.:D

Another thing.....turbo it now!!!

MINI Cooper S
Thats the bees knees that mate! Can just imagine some smug fella in a 1.2 like me expecting it to be the same as mine then whooooosh...

Audi TT 225
Any 1.2 owners wanna sawp front ends with my 172? Bet thats hours of fun... put a different colour door on it... and opposite wing another colour. and steel wheels! then go make the big cars look silly ;)

clio (sleeper)
lol the car was a category d when i bought it and theres still a big scuff on the bumper.lol i would have kept my steelies but they wont fit over my brakes now!lol

Audi TT 225
bummer steelies would have been awesome, leave the scuff in the bumper too
And if anyone asks what you done to it say eco-tek and some cheep brand of air filter ;)

Mint, I love this, see if you can find some steelies that will go over the brakes, get a tartan rug on the parcel shelf, national trust sticker and you will be away, ultimate sleeper.

lol the car was a category d when i bought it and theres still a big scuff on the bumper.lol i would have kept my steelies but they wont fit over my brakes now!lol

Downgrade to the stock old setup that will go round 14's or else get some 15's all Mk2 phase 2 use them as spare and a few use them as normal wheel i think with trims.

Any 1.2 owners wanna sawp front ends with my 172? Bet thats hours of fun... put a different colour door on it... and opposite wing another colour. and steel wheels! then go make the big cars look silly ;)
Thats sounds just like Matts TT was. Made a resaonable hot topic on seatcupra when it only had a its 172 engine with cams etc and pulled from one on the motorway. They'd have had a real shock when it had the turbo engine fitted.

I love it!!! It reminds me of a freind of mine used to have a e36 bmw with a m3 engine.

It had 316 on the back and had granny alloys on it and it was always dirty and battered (completly standard).

He made grown men in subaru's and porsches cry!!! :cry:

After he them beat they looked like this= :eek:

RB 182
Love it! Its always been an ambition of mine to have a sleeper, started with a 1.2 Nova with a 2.0 Turbo under the bonnet!

Stay away from me!

clio (sleeper)
lol...thanks for the replies people.
it cost me just over a grand all in.i had the engine with only 11k miles and the running gear and full interior for 815!!!!!!then i had to get shocks and exhaust and oil and all that so not too bad!!

FOR SALE!!!
lol...thanks for the replies people.
it cost me just over a grand all in.i had the engine with only 11k miles and the running gear and full interior for 815!!!!!!then i had to get shocks and exhaust and oil and all that so not too bad!!

how hard was it mate? also was ya engine out of the ph1 172 our ph2? looking cracking im thining bout doing this with a 1.6 16v lump for myn as cant afford the 2.0 and the 1.6 still pulls well

FOR SALE!!!
o cheers mate does any body no if the dash has been swaped for the loom our have the looms been sliced toghter

172Petey

Nice and doesnt sound like it was too expencive eather. Great deal on the engine an interior!!

fiesta 1.25
I dont udnerstand how you used a ph2 lump if your car has a cable throttle :S .I dont have a clue though.Ill pay you to do mine. no seriously...

clio (sleeper)
the both pics i have the 172 interior.
the engine is out of a mk2 phase 2,to use the fly by wire throttle i had to change the accelerator pedel to the electronic one.and i have installed the new dash and full wiring loom throughout.no wires chopped here!

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
wish i hadnt been a shite bag and had converted mine, i was scared to attempt it lol so just put another 1.2 in it which was piss easy and 2.0 couldnt have been much harder!

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
i looked into it and knew everything involoved just didnt have the time to get it done which is what put me off, and needed car back asap for work so was a case of..

blew up thursday, engine out donnor car friday morning, engine out mine friday afternoon, new engine in mine friday night finished satarday!

couldnt have done that with the 172 lol

clio (sleeper)
youd be suprised!if you had everything you could have done it all in a few days easilly mate.its mostly plug and play.just a few awkward things to do that are time consuming.