ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Pics of my Clio Cup

The mesh looks cool, but not so sure about the silver fog lamp surrounds. Colour coded in blue would probably look better.

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2

Yeah well took about 6 mins to paint LOL and needs doing again as I did it in a hurray whilst changing the bumper - it has flies embedded in the laquer! LOL.

Might do it Blue next time? OR re-do it silver again but slightly more properly. Might do the head light washer blanks silver too to match!! Hehe

hi mate looks great smashing super!!!! how did you fit the mesh mate is it a big job???? can you get some close up pics mate thanks

Cuppy, you can put mesh in the MK2 without even removing the standard grill. Cut a piece of mesh to size, use 2 small cable ties to fix it to the grille. Dead easy.

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2

I can understand why! I wasnt into Clios prior to visiting Renault one afternoon...... then everything changed.....

very nice, mesh looks sweet too

i bet u wish your plate had cup at the end if it tho (its funny its one letter off)

still a sweet motor ;)

so its worth the money?? I cant wait to get back to work, then hopefully i can upgrade to a cup :D

if its not being too nosey could i ask how much you pay in insurance for that car??

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2

cat171 - Thanks for the positive comments! Re: registration, yeah oh so close to being Cup. When I have some space cash going to buy ***** CUP number plate! I did find it a good giggle when I saw it. Only my mate says when he follows me it looks like PUB which is amusing hehe!

M.B: Is it worth the money.... hmmmmm well id definately say yes it is. I think for £12,995 the car is the best fun you can have legally. Thoroughly recommend it. As for insurance... well its just dropped to £1,757.00 but please bear in mind im only 20 and I have 4 years NCB.

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2

I passed when I was 17, and did a pass-plus, my insurance company gave me a years free NCB... - works out as below:

NCB Years Driving
1 0
2 1
3 2
4 3

Also yeah it is one hell of a monster at 20. Although it is my fifth car...

1. G-Reg 1.0 Mini 30
2. D-Reg 1.0 Fiat Panda
3. R-Reg 1.4 Seat Arosa
4. W-Reg 2.0 VW Golf GTi
5. 2002 Clio Cup

Most of my friends are extremely jealous.

You have to complete it in the first 6months of driving . It onyl gives you the first yrs no claims for free so it wont work for you.

Its a course however that you take for about 6hrs drivig in different conditions on mororways etc.

EDD

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2

Quote: Originally posted by RobFenn on 18 July 2003

Most insurance companies dont give that offer anymore as it was proven to make f**k all difference.

-Rob
Sorry Rob but when I had my D-Reg panda i was 17 right. It cost me £400 which I worked as a shelf stacker bloody hard for. My insurance quote without Pass-Plus was £1,398. With pass-plus under my belt it was £970. When your 17 £400 is a hell of alot of money (still is now im 20 and have a full time job...) Well, you can buy a car with that cant you!!!!

So, IMHO I think pass-plus rocks. Yes you can still do it, yes loads of insurance companies still do it and give good discounts for it. It involves driving on the motorway, at night and in hazardous circumstances.

320d M Sport

Insurers are all for Pass Plus actually! Its the little, piddly outfits that cant be arsed with it.

ex Clio 172 owner :(

Looks cool, I would leave the headlamp washers though.

£1700 for insurance and you own a Cup at 20? Which six numbers brought ye that cash?

My RT (lowered, alloys) cost me first at 23, £800, 700, 500, 400. Just bought a VTS though and its £660 fc and protected bonus for me 27 and 4yr ncb.

Ive been with elephant for the last 3 policies, cant beat them anywhere.

I got a class email today: searching for insurance to beat elephant (didnt expect to find any) and got this company..

"Dear Mr Embleton

Recovered from the shock of your insurance quote?

Well, read on!! Follow the simple instructions in here
and you could SAVE 100s of pounds.

Our state of the art insurance quotation engine has just
provided you with a proposed premium of £814.78.
This is drawn from over 450 policies

So who are we?

We are Quoteline Direct....."

I replied (probably wont be received at that address as its one of those automatic things) saying are you guys taking the mick?!! Recovered from the shock? lol

MB dont swap your valver, it looks class, hows it for reliability etc...any major bother youve had? Remember I nearly bought it, didnt coz of work bother. Funny how destiny works.

BTW, elephant do take into account pass plus and also btw, I dont work for elephant in case youre wondering?!

Chris.

chris mate, the valver has been a real pain lately, everything that could go wrong has :( all fixed up now though, just waiting for the next problem now lol

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2

Yeah the splitter is missing. It left the building when I had the accident. And i aint paying Reno for another one... off to K-Tec me thinks!

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2

Quote: Originally posted by Chris1.4RT on 18 July 2003

Looks cool, I would leave the headlamp washers though.

£1700 for insurance and you own a Cup at 20? Which six numbers brought ye that cash?
Ok will leave washers for now then. ;)

Hahaha which six figures eh? Well it was some very hard saving up, spending my time at school getting some decent qualifications, doing my A-Levels, generally keeping out of trouble.. then getting a good job and being good @ it = Clio Cup. I have to say most of the money that paid for the Cup was mine that I earnt and the rest is Renault Finance. My insurance is all paid monthly.

SI.

A slow one :-(

Makes me sick payin 1200 for a 1.4!

Looks well nice though! Im looking to but a 172 in a years or 2 time! Think ill get raped for insurance!

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2

Keep your nose clean and away from any kind of fine/endorsement and your wish will be granted!

ex Clio 172 owner :(

Si172..Hey, Ive worked hard, a levels, degree in physics, ok my job sucks but Ive built up 4 yr ncb and finally lost my 3 points, waiting for the next three however. Good luck to ye though mate.

MB, sorry to hear that mate, thats why Ive replaced my car. Supposed to have had the Rt motd today, itd have failed. We should still meet up sometime, busy for a couple of weeks, maybe 2nd week in Aug?

Regards,

Chris.