ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Pics of my freshly PC'd car - warning: non-clio. lol

Jas

ClioSport Admin
  Maserati Ghibli S
Thanks to all those who helped me choose the products and offered advice on the actual PC'ing, especially Rich.

Here are a couple of pics taken after the polish.

Also, is it worth putting another layer of wax on in a few weeks or will it make no difference?

r32-polish3.jpg

r32-polish4.jpg

Jas

ClioSport Admin
  Maserati Ghibli S
Yeah, was the morning of the Nurburgring 700 trip (last Fri). We met at Brands for our driver briefing.

ST
Yes mate its well worth keeping the wax topped up..

Get something like megs #16 mirror glaze on it, it'll looks ace on that colour and has long last durability, some of us on here use it as our 'winter wax' because of its durability and protection it offeres.

Get it from serious performance

www.seriousperformance.co.uk

P.s, it looks ace, top work.

Jas

ClioSport Admin
  Maserati Ghibli S
Glad you said megs #16 cause thats what I've got!
I think it was recommended by Rich about a year and a half ago, when I bought it, and sat in my garage unopened till last week :cool:

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
s**t! thats awesome!

I never knew they did a R32 in a 5 door.

Jas

ClioSport Admin
  Maserati Ghibli S
s**t! thats awesome!

I never knew they did a R32 in a 5 door.

It's the only reason I bought it really. Needed a fast 5-door and it fitted the bill. Obviously the 3-door version looks better, but 5 is more practical. :approve:

Clio 182 Trophy 047/500
I must say I love that car, it looks amazing. If I had a family that would be the first car I would look for

106 GTi
Very nice looks great - I prefer that colour to the Black one I look after for a neighbour.

Couple of coats of 16 will see it well protected for a good 2-3 months at least. Though with my OCD issues I seem to wax once a month lol

ST
I try and wax mine every two weeks...lol

Tho i do up to 250 miles a week sometimes so it needs it..

106 GTi
I try and wax mine every two weeks...lol

Tho i do up to 250 miles a week sometimes so it needs it..

Some time I do it every week, or even more than once a week lol

The daily drive gets some wax every three months though ! Lazy though as it gets abused, 400 miles since Sat.

Jas

ClioSport Admin
  Maserati Ghibli S
Took 2 full days Ben. Was a horrible job to do. The damn wax was a nightmare to polish off.

106 GTi
What was was the pain the Megs 16 ?

Apply it by machine with a 4 inch finishing pad, allows you to get it on nice and thin so it wipes off easily. I find the 16 a right pain when I have used it by hand.

Jas

ClioSport Admin
  Maserati Ghibli S
Yeah it was the #16. I think the pad is 5", and I think I put too much on. I took it off by hand, the machine was just moving it around, lol.

106 GTi
Sounds like 16 - Try it with 4 inch spot pad, fits right in the pot, a quick spin round of the pad in there should be enough for at least an panel or two. You need very little. Get it as thin as you can, anything you remove will be just excess wasted product