ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Pics of my new wheels

320d M Sport

yeah look good, probably look better on that shape! See you nicked the side badge of a Mk2 you cheeky monkey.

Very Tasty! Really like the new rims Jas, have you had to lower it at all as they seem to sit nicely... Not a million percent sure about the colour coded bump strips and clear side repeaters though, but each to their own eh?!? :confused:

Jas

ClioSport Admin
  Maserati Ghibli S

Mike, the tyres are Yokahama A539, not my first choice, but getting hold of Toyo Proxies was proving difficult. So far they are great in the dry, supposed to be crap in the wet but I havent tested it in the wet yet! The old wheels/tyres will be going back on for the Bedford trackday!!!!

Matt, yep, it was lowered with BB springs 35mm drop. The top of the tyres is nearly level with the arch, you cant really see it in the photos.

GR7

Shiny red R32

Jas

Your new wheels look very nice. You need to get rid of your orange bulbs though!

Those wheels probably look bigger than they actually are because the spokes go right to the edge of the rims,

unlike the Super Leggeras which look smaller than they are as the spokes dont go right to the outer edge.

Jas

ClioSport Admin
  Maserati Ghibli S

Those wheels and tyres cost between £600-£650 depending what (well priced) dealer you go to. I bought them from Southend Carnoisseur. The wheels are a little more expensive than others, but I wanted something a little different.

As for the weight, I weighed my old wheels (OZ 15" F1s with half worn tyres) and they were 15.4kgs (2st 6lbs). The new wheels (with new tyres - not sure what difference if any thatll make) were 17.2kgs (2st 10lbs). I have got the exact weight for just the wheel but not on me at the moment.

V Nice but i garantee they will be a b**ch to clean Jas!!!:D That small groove that runs the length of the spokes is gonna need some elbow grease and small lady like fingers, more than enough reason me thinks to get the missis to clean the car;)

P.S. can you change my Handle/forum name to mailto:V@lver">V@lver as i dont have the RT anymore and am now the proud owner of a shiny new valver.

Jas all i can say is AAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH YOU GIT!!! i have had those wheels on my car in 16" for about a month now was feeling pretty chuffed with myself cos you dont see many of them about!!!

I do have to admit though that they look bigger on my clio than yours but im guessing thats cos mine is lowered 35mm, but are they not the most sexy wheels ever?? I found them heavier than my phase ones though.....

i have Toyos on mine too.......lovely combination!! I also got mine for less than 600 notes with the tyres.....

Right how long before these wheels are the new super leggas??

Chuckie

BMW Z4 2.5si Sport

looks good. Got the nuts for the wheels in the end then?? Good to meet ya in Saarfend again.

Jas

ClioSport Admin
  Maserati Ghibli S

chuckie, they are sweet wheels, would look good on a 16v as they sit so low. thats a cheap price as well you paid!

louise, good to see you as well. we did get the right nuts, eventually!!!

oh yeah the nuts..................locking ones were the nightmare for me!!

in total i payed 565 notes...........sweet price for sweet wheels......

can we put a ban on anyone else getting these wheels??? :eek:)

chuckie

Jas

ClioSport Admin
  Maserati Ghibli S

chuckie, shall I delete this post and tell people I dont know what wheels they are if they ask?

also, you got a picture of your car with them on? if u have, email it to me, mailto:jas@cliosport.net">jas@cliosport.net

Jas

ClioSport Admin
  Maserati Ghibli S

Theyre going on my 16v when I (eventually) get it back from BB Tuning.

Corsa 1.3 CDTI

Jas those wheels on your 172 are pony mate

Ya wanna nice set of three spoke like on the old RST Fiesta.. :devilish:

Nice! Very good classy match for the colour and style of the car. Why didnt you get them in dayglo pink or greeen though? (and what about the neons for the centres?);)

/off topic

How easy was is to fit the phase2 bump stips to your car and how much?

/back on topic

Wheels looking good ;)

Jas

ClioSport Admin
  Maserati Ghibli S

very easy Paul. from what I remember there is a small screw you undo just inside the door, then they slide off. 2 minute job.

Quote: Originally posted by Jas on 22 April 2003

very easy Paul. from what I remember there is a small screw you undo just inside the door, then they slide off. 2 minute job.
Cheers, That was the only thing stopping me getting a phase1.

Time to start looking :)