ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

pics

Liquid Yellow 182 FF
Not gunna lie mate, they arnt great. My little sister could of taken them, sorry.

2001 mtv clio mk2
To be honest i dont see what is wrong with them yes a couple are out of focus. and could have dun with pics of different things.

There's nothing wrong with them as such, but there's nothing that stands out. They're very 'snap shotty' and you never ever ever ever have pictures on a portfolio that are out of focus. Never. Ever.

Try and think about your composition a bit. If people are going to buy those, what are they buying them for? Would you want any of those on a big canvas in your lounge? People want pics that impress them. Not something they could take with a mobile phone.

And as I've criticised yours, have a look at a few of mine.. http://www.dankphotography.co.uk now I don't claim to be the best ever, but I have sold a few of those but even some of my better ones I wouldn't put on there. Any range of pics you're trying to sell needs to be your best work. Not all of everything you've taken.

2001 mtv clio mk2
Thanks Revels i dont mind people saying they dont like them but ppl really need to gives reasons behind it and MDP91 for all i know your sister could be a pro photographer. I will think hard about what i take pics off and try spend more time getting it right. I am only starting out so i dont think there too bad for my first photoshoot. i know what you mean by ppl not wanting to buy stuff they can do themselves i dont expect ppl to buy they pics i was just putting them up to see what people though.

all the ones i looked at were under or over exposed

+ they are incredibly boring and flat it look slike you have taken a walk through a forest and teh camera has been taking pics by its self while you swung it around

172 Cup
There's two reasons for you posting a link to your portfolio.

A, You want to sell them which is against CS rules..

Or,

B, You want people to comment and critique. If you don't appreciate peoples honesty then I'd refrain from posting your pics again.

LY 182
If you're only just starting why are you already trying to make some money from it? Surely gain your experience then if you have some high quality snaps then by all means try make a few beer coins.

i was never that good with my slr

but these are some of my first shots

2984013946_1a57dfda0e_o.jpg

2984014116_9612307a42_o.jpg

2984014316_dc9632e5bf_o.jpg

2983158393_f05113894c_o.jpg

2984014016_4804e0259e_o.png

14' Leon Cupra 280
What does 'studied photography' mean these days? I'm assuming it's a night class at a local college after hours for 8 weeks?

2001 mtv clio mk2
Am not trying to make muny just put them on that site. I dont mind ppl saying my pics aint good i just want reason behind it. McBunny i wudnt say your pics were all that gr8 either.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
What were they taken with? Before anything, I'd learn to shoot in focus and expose correctly.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
So let me get this straight....

You've asked for people's views on your pictures. After a few home truth's you have taken them down?

I'd listen to Revels because he does know what he's talking about (i'm not kissing ass here, he's just a good photographer)...

Now, lets see your pictures so others can have a say....

Mk2 Ph2 1.4 16v Dynamic
MTV the only way to progress or move forward is to take criticism, these are the most valuable points as it comes from a different perspective rather than your own, take on board what people say, it will only make you into a better photographer at the end of the day, p.s. i wanna see the pics!

AGH the sl*g
he clearly isnt that passionate about photography if at the first bit of critisism he has thrown his teddy into orbit and removed the photo's ive shot hundreds of pics and i think some are impressive but woundnt even try to sell them never mind my first shoot.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Shame... why 'scare' off the poor bloke/woman with such a harsh response? Everyone has to start somewhere; some are born with a great artistic eye, some have to work at it, some simply do it for enjoyment regardless of ability. A bit of constructive criticism (like from Revels) is all that was needed. :nono:

172 Cup
Shame... why 'scare' off the poor bloke/woman with such a harsh response? Everyone has to start somewhere; some are born with a great artistic eye, some have to work at it, some simply do it for enjoyment regardless of ability. A bit of constructive criticism (like from Revels) is all that was needed. :nono:

Did you actually see the pics or are you commenting without knowing the whole story?

I also fail to see all of the "harsh" replies which you magically see.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Did you actually see the pics or are you commenting without knowing the whole story?

I also fail to see all of the "harsh" replies which you magically see.

Firstly, I'm not looking to get into any arguments - just putting forward my own opinion and thoughts on how I read this thread - nothing less, nothing more.

Yes - I saw the photos and I thought they were very typical of a 'startup' photographer (let me make it clear I'm no expert myself so I'm not really in any position to judge). I thought the exposure issues, focus issues and lacking features were a problem. Of course, these can be addressed as the OP becomes more familiar with photography in general and through listening to constructive criticism, etc. from those respectable sources that give it.

As for the 'harsh' comments, I thought the following (for example) was a little off (no disrespect to MDP).

Not gunna lie mate, they arnt great. My little sister could of taken them, sorry.
If providing negative comments then why not suggest something constructive, too? If a poster is going to the effort of writing a response then I think it would be worth an extra 30 seconds to suggest how the OP might improve, things he/she might try or like to read through (links, etc).

I can't comment on the OP's intention to sell the work but I believe that's an entirely different issue. The focus is on the photos (which have now gone and kinda make this whole thread a bit of a moot point at present).

As I say - just my own thoughts. :D

172 Cup
Summary of thread.

Guy posts a link to a bunch of "novice" photos at best and tries to sell them. People quite rightly point out the errors in his photography and minutes after starting the thread asking for feedback he removes the pictures from view.

Nothing harsh happened.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Summary of thread.

Guy posts a link to a bunch of "novice" photos at best and tries to sell them. People quite rightly point out the errors in his photography and minutes after starting the thread asking for feedback he removes the pictures from view.

Nothing harsh happened.
Perhaps I read too much into it, fair enough. *thumbs up*

astra
I am mtvclio btw had to make a new account.

The reason i took the pics down is that ppl were saying they were basically crap and there wass no point having them up in that case. I have took ppl suggestions in mind. And no am not being huffy.