ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Picture of people's 182 rain sensor Please.

182 RB FF
Hi. I got my windscreen replaced yesterday and the rain sensor looks different. I'm sure it used to be all blacked out and you could hardly notice it. I think just the light sensor in the middle was visible, but I couldnt say exactly as I've never paid much attention to it. Now as you can see from the pictures you can see everything and it doesn't look like it is filled with much of a gel that I've read about. Maybe this gel gave the impression it was blacked out as it covered the area and pressed up against the screen. Could people please take a pic of theirs and post. It would be a great help. I've tried to look at pics on line but it's not clear enough to see properly.
IMG_20200921_161224.jpg

I dont have any pics to share but is it not the case that they reused the rain sensor and therefore the fact it’s been stuck back on, makes it look different?

When I was looking to buy a Clio recently, the rain sensor on a lot of the cars I viewed, looked the same as yours.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
This is my original windscreen on my 182, how it came from the fzctory.

Attachments

• 20200922_150259.jpg
    20200922_150259.jpg
    390 KB · Views: 90
  182 RB FF
Thanks guys. Looking on eBay at spares it should be black as I suspected mine was. I think the new supplied one already had a new mirror and rain sensor unit pre stuck to it.

Another issue if anyone can confirm or deny is that the window supplied has a very feint
blue tint to it where as the rest of the windows and im sure the original front one has a greenish tint.

Last issue is the inside trim/edging. What does yours look like on the inside feels like something is missing. But again even after having it for about 12 years it's nothing I've really paid much attention to. Please see images. Cheers
IMG_20200921_161044.jpg
IMG_20200921_161057.jpg

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Thanks guys. Looking on eBay at spares it should be black as I suspected mine was. I think the new supplied one already had a new mirror and rain sensor unit pre stuck to it.

Another issue if anyone can confirm or deny is that the window supplied has a very feint
blue tint to it where as the rest of the windows and im sure the original front one has a greenish tint.

Last issue is the inside trim/edging. What does yours look like on the inside feels like something is missing. But again even after having it for about 12 years it's nothing I've really paid much attention to. Please see images. CheersView attachment 1497352View attachment 1497353
Yours definitely looks alot bluer than mine. If I remember tomorrow I'll check out my trim and compare it to yours then let you know.