ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Pictures of stripped loom

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
(Poor) pictures of mine for anyone interested.

Airbag wiring, all unused plugs clipped back, heatshrink and the loom retaped.

You can just see the hazard panel on top of the clocks in the first pictures. I have also relocated the OBD port to where the heater rear screen button used to be.

The climate panel is sat on the pedals in the pictures as I had the heat gun out.
photomar10162143.jpg

photomar10162155.jpg

photomar10162223.jpg

photomar10162238.jpg

This is my stripped and extended rear loom. Speakers, aerial, hatch wiring and door sensors removed. Rather than splitting before the rear seats, everything now runs around the back of the car and then down the off side.
imagezki.jpg

And a couple of cheeky shots of how she stands at present.
imageqsz.jpg

photomar10163056.jpg

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
Sick car :) good work on the loom mate

Loom looks really tidy. Good work
Cheers Guys. Hope you're making progress with yours Tommy.

So did you cut out everything that is not required?
I unwrapped and stripped the rear back to the plug and removed each pin. Extended it the re-wrapped.

I tried the same with the front but something didn't play ball so this time I cut the unused plugs up to the main loom leaving a 2cm leg if I needed to reattach the wire. Heatshrink then re-wrapped so you'd never know the plugs were there.

Although I've left redundant wires in the main loom, I didn't want to risk unwrapping the loom again and I reckon there's only 1kg between this and my fully stripped attempt.

XC90, 330d, Trophy’s
i cant see the pictures from work Len, but ill have a good ol' look a bit later.

from the above comments, sounds as though you have done a good job tho, well done mate ;)