ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Piper Cams BP270 rolling road

I was a bit unsure of whether to fit Piper Cams as even though they have been produced more power than 428's (see below), they have been known to be a little noisey - but as they are now supplied with a shim to keep the follower in range and keep them quiet I went for it!

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?460265-Piper-Cams-VS-Cat-Cam-428-(RESULTS)

IMG-20130318-00009.jpg

It made 172bhp at the wheels with a V6 airbox, exhaust and cams - i'm pretty happy with this! I know it would have been better to rolling road it before - but I didn't..

I don't mean to piss on your fire but that never made 172bhp atw or it would be some what 230bhp atf

They're now supplied with a shim that sits under the hydraulic follower to keep the followers in range and stop them tapping!

I don't know how you've calculated your transmissions losses Martin, but with 12% gives 192BHP ATF and 15% gives 197 BHP ATF. ;)

I thought it would be flat lower down, but it still picks up as before and doesn't have a lumpy idle! It has a nive power curve, there is a dip in torque between 4500-4900RPM but then it continues to build - maybe an RS Tuner map would help.

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
I was thinking of getting an RS Tuner, but i'm not sure whether it's worthwhile.

Don't think an RS Tuner map will be worthwhile when you have cams fitted.

I would be getting it done custom by one of a few companies.

I'll be having mine done at RS Tuning in Leeds but I guess thats maybe a bit too far for yourself.

519 is probably closer to you I think.

I never calculated anything it was just a stab in the dark:) still overeading though especially if its on the standard map.

Was it put on the rollers of the company that installed the cams?

53 Clio's & counting
I'd not want to be driving hard without a custom map - have you seen afr's mate? If they are aggressive cams I'd imagine it may be running lean.

Oh and no to an rs tuner - pay for a proper custom map

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Good figures, it'll be better with a custom map, get it sorted ASAP :)

We did a fair few runs, the very lowest was 167, highest 172 ATW.

I fitted the cams myself, and YES I did use a pulley locking tool! ;)

Lionel Richie
bascially every rolling road is inaccurate, always take the results with a pinch of salt! Just because it says your have 3000bhp doesn't actually mean you do!

I've run a few cars, and know of others who have on these rollers and they've all been in the right region. I agree to get a good comparison a run with the car standard is required..