ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Pipercross need some help

Pipercross are in the middle of developing range of very high spec intake kits, These kits are devloped using carbon intake pipes, Aluminium airboxes, Filter restriction gauges etc...these kits are the best Pipercross can make..no expence spared.. these kits will retail for around £499

We have just finished the kit for the Civic Type R...with Dyno results of 14.8BHP we are happy...Now we move on to the Clio 172/182

Due to the time it takes to develop these kits we are thinking of buying a 182 but need to find one for around 8K....is this possible?

Unless any of you guys want to lend us your pride and joy for about a month?

any help would be great james@pipercross.com

172 ph1 ASBO SLAYER
hiya buddy, good to see you on here. i'm sure someone will help out. especially if you give them the top quality filter at the end :)

Skoda Fabia vRS
hi mate, i dont think your gonna pick a 182 up for 8k yet.....hmmm?

a 172 you will though

172 ph1 ASBO SLAYER
would'nt the 172 be the better option. i.e. harder to get a gain due to its crap inlet manifold. and therefore the better base. then a brief test on a 182
plus you could get a 172 for 3-7k

Not allowed to show ant pics as yet....but there is nothing else like it on the market....

I really need to knoe the difference between the 172 & 182... inlet manifold? intake pipe? radiator moved forward..I really want this kit to fit both models..

Thanks for your help guys

James

172 ph1 ASBO SLAYER
the 172 cable throttle, 182 fly by wire
i think the all engine bay items in the same place, except 182 has a panel type air cleaner (box) and the 172 has a cylinder type
i think the throttle body diameters are the same
basically the 182 has the same inlet manifold but it is matched better, the 172 manifold is piss poor (unless you mod it ;) )
i might call you tomorrow if i get time (i deal with your alter ego. Filtration Control a lot)

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
a facelifted 172, (2001 on) has fly by wire, and a panel type airbox too, same as a 182, (2004 on, twin round exhausts cut into the bumper) As far as i know a 182 is the same as a 172 (2001 on) in the engine bay with relation to parts etc

yep - exactly the same location for everything - just that the manifold is better finished on a 182 than a 172 thus giving better air flow

Skoda Fabia vRS
is this new kit something totally new ?

or is it one of your Velocity Intake Systems ?

172 ph1 ASBO SLAYER
to correct myself
172 ph1 cylinder air cleaner
172 ph2 panel
182 panel i think the tb's are the same diameter

E92 M3 Monte Carlo
no offence but someone who's willing to pay £500 for a airfilter needs there head checking when we all know its an area that cant be greatly improved,

For that price, you would want it to come with these...

resize.asp

Thanks for your help guys..... I have now got a 182 to do the development with..as for this kit! it is to be named the V-FORCE

It is the best kit Pipercross can manufacture within a budget of £499, it comes as an aluminium airbox, with heat reflective material, specific carbon intake pipe, and carbon cold feed pipe, the filter itself is made from carbon and F1 spec foam,(although this filter will need replacing every 10,000 miles) the airbox has a pespex lid and a special gauge that measures restriction within the system and lets you know when the filter needs replacing..... there is know other intake kit like this avalible.

Pipercross measure all the cold feed pick ups for intke temps and presure to make sure the correct pick up is made...so in all the most developed kit possible,

We will have a ltd range of these kits...around 5-8 kits, the Civic Type R is finished with amazing gains in power and torque all throught the rev range..these tests are carrried out inderpendantly by WRC tech in Silverstone

I hope to be back with info onthe new 172/192 kit shortly... If possible I will post a picture of the Type R kit shortly......

*SPECIAL* sneak preview drawing of the new V-Force kits.....
vforce_sneakpreview.gif

The only parts missing is the Filter health monitor gauge.. both intake and cold feed pipe are in carbon fibre and the filter has carbon fibre veins...

All in all a top looking kit... with gains to match..

Was the 14.8 bhp increase over what honda claim a standard car is (197) or did u test it before and after. What did the standard car get?

The power gain was 13.8.(sorry)..but I will post a power Graph up for you....standard car was 195BHP I belive...

You will see on the graph power & TORQUE (this is the important factor) are both improved through out the rev range..(not just peak power!)

sounds like an amazing piece of kit, if you need a 1.6 8v clio to work on (same as the 1.6 9v megane) you can have mine!

Meggerman....unfortunatly you can only blame Renault for the Inlet manifold?

But on the 182 the induction pipe is a nightmare aswell, also the way the two cold feeds work can be improved upon...

Our air is only to produce the best bolt on modification in the intake system,...

Brun thefilter is made from our F1 spec foam, this is as used on many F1 filters produced, it has good efficiency of over 98% but also give maximum flow...far better than most other filter materials...the only down side is the filter will need replacing at around 10,000 miles, but the filter itself is just a replacment element and should cost no more than £30.00

MKIII 138
P1PRX said:
Meggerman....unfortunatly you can only blame Renault for the Inlet manifold?

But on the 182 the induction pipe is a nightmare aswell, also the way the two cold feeds work can be improved upon...

Our air is only to produce the best bolt on modification in the intake system,...

Brun thefilter is made from our F1 spec foam, this is as used on many F1 filters produced, it has good efficiency of over 98% but also give maximum flow...far better than most other filter materials...the only down side is the filter will need replacing at around 10,000 miles, but the filter itself is just a replacment element and should cost no more than £30.00

i guess the higher performance the higher the cost to maintain, i do over 10k a year so if i own the kit for 3 years i pay £590 in total for an air feed

waaaa !!

Skoda Fabia vRS
some people would spend that on an exhaust system though, and wont get anywhere near that kind of bhp gain

Hey give us a chance...we only started on the kit last Monday, should have power results in the next 4-5 weeks, we will offer both before and after power graphs..

To be hounest I would be happy with anything over 8-9 BHP on the 182/172, but more importantly a good gain in bottem end torque!!

It is not our aim to produce every kit to give 15bhp........the aim of the V-Force is to be the best kit avalible....if we only get 4bhp, but it is the best gain on the market, I would be happy.

James