ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

pirelli - hero or zero :-)

CBR1000RR Fireblade
I have these tyres on my 182. They are quite good tbh. Nothing to rave about though

Listerine & Poledo
Pirelli road tyres wear almost as quickly as their F1 tyres.
Even my shoddy Corsa 1.5d chewed through them at a rate of knots.

Focus RS + S3
I have them and find them pretty good, havent tried other brands on the clio yet so cant compare im afraid

Listerine & Poledo
I always used to have Goodyears (Eagle F1's on the Mx-5, NCT's onthe MX-3 and Toledo)
they were good.
172 runs Contisports as religion now though.

a thirsty one
ran a set of 4 p zero nero and lasted about 18 months, the hankook evo v12 have better grip but that maybe down to comparing old worn pirelli against new hankooks so maybe unfair.

Listerine & Poledo
Fresh Blackcircles hedge-magnets are better than worn out anythings.

I'd be interested to see the usual magazines do tyre tests on samples that aren't sticker-fresh.

Tyres that have had, say, 5,000 miles put through them. See how they stack up then. I mean, the "ultimate dry grip" is all fair and good, but you dont change your tyres just because they've lost the first 2mm of tread do you.

Evo, the thrill of spending money

a thirsty one
while i was running the pirelli new i also had some yoko parada spec 2's on my spare wheels (also new) so was able to compare those, for the money i was happy with the pirelli but for the extra i liked the parada spec2 dry/wet,

soft compound on the pirelli something like a 100 or 120 wear rating iirc

friends have gone through the pirelli in just a few thousand miles before though on some heavier and torque strong cars, maybe a tyre suited to lighter n/a cars

Clio 172
Im running Rainsport 2's on mine and can't fault them in anyway. Cheaper than the pirelli's aswell

Listerine & Poledo
friends have gone through the pirelli in just a few thousand miles before though on some heavier and torque strong cars, maybe a tyre suited to lighter n/a cars

Maybe, but equally any tyre will die quicker if there's more force going through it.

Pirelli compouns are softer than most, but not much grippier for it, which makes it a bit pointless really.

Conti's or (preferably) Michelins are the way for Clios, but that will involve dollars.

EDIT: Oh yeah, rainsports are getting popular on here, cant be for nothing.... mind, slamming a car so it's unusably low to the floor and can snap your spine in 50 yards is la mode too.

:)

Golf GT & A4 Avant
I really like the P Zero Nero, especially in the wet. Will be getting another set once these wear out.

One thing I would say for them, is they're quite quiet in relation to road noise compared to the others I've used, including Exaltos

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
I am going to be trying come more continentals soon. My Exaltos seem to have worn quite quickly at the front

BG 182 FF
I'm a fan of the P Zero Nero's having run them previously on my GTi-6 and now on my 182. Awesome in the wet, they do wear fairly quickly though.

Can't go wrong for the price.

incy-spider

ClioSport Club Member
My first set of p-zero's lasted 3500 - 4000 miles which I was gutted about, it did get fair abused tho! I put another set on the front and this time they seem to be lasting better. (have calmed my driving style down after getting used to it!) Had my tracking and camber all set up too, was very slightly out but not enough to cause them to wear that quick. @ £61 + vat they are cheap and do grip well. They made my 182 feel alot smoother too. I do notice that they get a bit spongy around bends when really hot but it's a good all round tyre, tempted to get a pair on the rear too when the contisports wear out!