ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Pistonheads - 182 Vs 133

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Quite a cool article. The 17" wheels look horrific though! "cup pack" should make it handle better not worse, lol

Twingo turbo is something I was seriously considering until I got the ph1 turbo, they are cracking little cars other than the lack of power so I think a turbo one makes a lot of sense.

Alfa GT Cloverleaf
Good read for passing the time in work :)
Not a fan of the new Twingo, the pre facelift was much nicer.

clio 200 F4Rt
if they use the same chassis etc, has anyone tried fitting a 182 engine into a twingo? Could be a very fun prospect!

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
if they use the same chassis etc, has anyone tried fitting a 182 engine into a twingo? Could be a very fun prospect!

Seen pics of it done on here. Going to end up at about the weight of the phase 1 when its done I would imagine, so probably no better performance than a phase 1, as there isnt a big difference in weight between the lower engine size phase 1 and the twingo with the same engine etc, so by the time you fit the heavier F4R engine and brakes etc the weight will be up to what a phase 1 is more or less anyway I suspect.

The facelifted Twingo 133 is mind bendingly ugly. Renault's face lift stylists need to be killed. They ruined Clio III but at least the 200 isn't exactly ugly - it just looks retarded. Whoever signed off the Twingo refresh was clearly hooked on meth.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
The facelifted Twingo 133 is mind bendingly ugly. Renault's face lift stylists need to be killed. They ruined Clio III but at least the 200 isn't exactly ugly - it just looks retarded. Whoever signed off the Twingo refresh was clearly hooked on meth.

They did a socking job of ph3 mk1 clio as well.
Ph2 mk2 looks good though so they do get it right occasionally.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
Im sure 200bhp would still be relatively easy to get with a basic rebuild and a decent turbo etc.
I was going to look for about 250bhp from a 1.6 if I did it.

yeah few guys running 170bhp odd with just a bigger turbocharger, exhast manifold and 182 injectors, stock internals, ecu etc. no one has really passed the 170hp mark or found out what the pistons and rods will take.

Twingo 133,172 Racer
got a standard 133 older shape though before the facelift one. as a general run around, bombing down back lanes its loads of fun but still love the 172 for the track. twingo always feels slightly under powered. all in all both are great cars!!

Twingo 133,172 Racer
thats what i have, twingo cup. hammering down b roads around 36mpg but on a run and going to work during the week normally low 40's. Not great but livable! i traded in my fabia vrs diesel for the twingo so was a little bit of a shock from 60mpg down to 36mpg!!

Megane r26
thats what i have, twingo cup. hammering down b roads around 36mpg but on a run and going to work during the week normally low 40's. Not great but livable! i traded in my fabia vrs diesel for the twingo so was a little bit of a shock from 60mpg down to 36mpg!!

That's better then I thought they would be knowing how revvy they are.

the guy that owns the renault garage near the ring has a F4RT in his twingo!

I bet that shifts!

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
It's amazing that although they share the same chassis, the twingo looks like its dwarfing the trophy... Saw a pic the other day of a twingo and 197, the twingo made the 197 look small!

Clio RS 172 /Trafic
I have driven the Twingo RS round Oulton Park two years ago at the Renaultsport day there and it was great fun to drive but you really had to wring its neck to get decent power out of it. It felt slow compared to my 172 but they handle really well just like the Clio. I also had a bog standard Twingo hire car last year in Lanzarote and that was also fun despite the tiny engine. We went all over the island in it and drove the wheels off it most of the week. If I was looking for a second car for the wife to drive that was sporty I'd consider a Twingo RS.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
It's amazing that although they share the same chassis, the twingo looks like its dwarfing the trophy

its strange, i was reversing into a space the other day and rather than looking behind me i was just looking at the new shape fiesta beside me and lining up with that and i reversed into the wall lol!!