ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

planing a boot build

mk 2 172
now ive got my sub and amp i need to make some sort of a 'space saving' boot build. my plan is to modify the fusion box to make it smaller as it is massive and i want to keep as much space as possible.

as for the amp i was going to make a false floor and completly hide it under the floor.

my only concern is that the amp may get a little hot, maybe would be better to put it under a seat or something?

any ideas would be great

james

Put some fans in, Some PC fans on a 12v source, One taking air in, One taking air out.

I think Laura Or someone with a simular name did a nice false floor boot build. Have a search. Might be in the guides section.

vaux cavalier
A few pointers mate....

1, Generic enclosures shouldn't be modified unless you know exactly what your doing....Far better to simply design & build a new one....
2, When planning an audio install one of the first stages is to confirm how much 'space' you have for an enclosure....Then you purchase items in accordance to this....
3, Altering the design or size of a generic enclosure will affect every aspect of that enclosure/sub pairing....

With regards amplifier location;

If opting for boot mounting under a false floor you simply design a full width compartment, then fit either 2 or 4 fans to supply good airflow....

A few pics;

BASICAMPFANS.jpg

BASICAMPFANS-1.jpg

1.2 Dynamique billabong
i did mine like this, building a woodern frame to support the sub box and amp under the false floor. dont have a pic of the floor and box retrimmed though but it gives you an idea

sub.jpg

will look like this one i did in my bros old car but without the amp window

boot1.jpg

mk 2 172
thanks guys that boot build is very nice but i realy need as much boot space as possible.

jungle jim thanks for the pics, did you have any ort of cooling for the amp under the floor?

james

1.2 Dynamique billabong
no probs mate, the woodern frame leaves a large air gap around the amp and in some sections the frame itself has been left with cut outs to help airflow but other than that i dont have any fans etc. this is the same method i have used in my old car, i ran that for 4 years and never had any problems. my brother has also has got the same setup in his clio now, it too has been in for over a year and been fine

Ph1 172 + Combo van
Cardboard is what i used to make mine.

Once you have built the bottom part of the false floor get a large sheet of cardboard and draw around your old boot carpet with a few inches ouround it and cut it out. Whack it in the boot then go round the edge carefully with a stanley knife. Once your happy with it draw round it on the mdf and cut round it. Leave a few mm for when you carpet it though so you can overlap the edges.

carpeted011.jpg

carpeted012.jpg

And for cooling my amp i used:

carpeted008.jpg

looks nice :) i'm new to the whole ice thing and i had a friend of my brothers show me how to wire up the amps etc. how would i go about powering a couple of PC fans for underfloor cooling?