ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Playstation 4 announcement 20th February?

Turned it off too, far too much waffle. I only had it on in the background and was just waiting to see if they were going to say the price, cnet and IGN were estimating it could be up to $600!

320d M Sport
This is so boring..?! It's almost as if they have nothing to announce? All I have seen so far are game trailers..?

Doesn't bode well for the machine or sales I don't think? Someone wrote a few weeks ago that Sony had rushed this through to jump the gun on the new xbox and it looks as if they were right.

This "announcement" is just annoying me now by not actually announcing anything...?!

Clio 1.2 16V
Dropped it to 480p seems to have improved the feed, cant tell if the gfx are any good now though lol

320d M Sport
Seriously. Why are they just showing game trailers...? It's a joke. No wonder they lost £4bn last year. Again.

Found a working stream, so gave it another go.

It's painful. Whoever thought this was a suitable way to show off their super duper next gen console without boring the viewers to death was wrong. It just reeks of Sony big cheeses letting all the developers know the PS4 will be getting announced in a couple of weeks; just bring your good bits and fill in any missing stuff with talking. Lots of mundane talking. Gamers love that.

The PS4 will bomb (at launch, at least) as a result of this, unless they (as expected) pull out all the stops and do it properly at E3.

christ, i just noticed - its been going on for nearly two hours!

Last edited:
  320d M Sport
I agree mate. This is just pissing people off?!

Microsoft must be laughing their tits off. I doubt they're worried.

Clio 1.2 16V
What a f**king let down that was. Guess the proper unveiling will be E3, should have just waited until then.

Fiesta ST-2
Don't know what peoples problems are tbh, what did you expect? You got the specs, the new features, games in action. Yeah it would be nice to know what it looks like, but who buys a console on aesthetics anyway?

Last edited:

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Just had a look at the Killzone Shadow Kill trailer and it looks really good. Not sure if it will be enough for me to buy the console on launch though.
And that shadow dogs (I think that's what its called) is only for this too. I thought it was being made for PS3 when it was first announced.

1.8 Civic EX
Sounds like it was a good thing I gave up and went to bed.

Don't know what peoples problems are tbh, what did you expect? You got the specs, the new features, games in action. Yeah it would be nice to know what it looks like, but who buys a console on aesthetics anyway?

Because the new features really aren't that great. The whole presentation of it was boring, even the people presenting didn't seem to have any get up and go or enthusiasm for it. It was just on the news on daybreak this morning saying how much of a let down it was so it must be rather a wide spread opinion.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
They'll be saving the pictures of the console AND the price for E3. That and waiting to see what Microsoft will charge for the new XBox. As for the launch teaser, well, it was sh*t huh. Car game looked good though.

Fiesta ST-2
Sounds like it was a good thing I gave up and went to bed.

Because the new features really aren't that great. The whole presentation of it was boring, even the people presenting didn't seem to have any get up and go or enthusiasm for it. It was just on the news on daybreak this morning saying how much of a let down it was so it must be rather a wide spread opinion.

My argument was more towards people not buying it based on the 'preview', I'll agree the presentation was very dull though.

320d M Sport

price?
release date?
connectivity?
backwards capability?

They conveniently swerved the issue of PS3 sales, user numbers, problems with PS Network, security. I'm sticking with the Xbox I think

Goliath I
Glad I didn't hang about for it, seems to have been a little underwhelming.

They didn't by chance announce Gran Turismo 6 or Killzone as a launch title? Lol

Mito Sportiva 135
I think Sony just wanted to get the news out before MS as they lost such a massive market share with the PS3 coming out relatively late into the cycle - but when the 360 came out there was a lot more excitement over the announcement.

Ultimately it's the games that matter but this wasn't very exciting...the new controller looks awful too, like something the knocked up in a shed!

Listerine & Poledo
price?
release date?
connectivity?
backwards capability?

They conveniently swerved the issue of PS3 sales, user numbers, problems with PS Network, security. I'm sticking with the Xbox I think

I'm so glad that ClioSport is so well experienced and qualified to be able to pick holes at global companies and how they should approach their marketing strategy.....

320d M Sport
Well. The proof is in the sales.... £4bn loss last year for the 4th consecutive year...

I guess the problem is I'm comparing to Apple announcements. They've got it nailed!

Clio 172
I'm so glad that ClioSport is so well experienced and qualified to be able to pick holes at global companies and how they should approach their marketing strategy.....

LOL it's as if Sony simply forgot to put that into the presentation...

Yeah Paddy, I was the same, time flies when you watch the apple ones. They are good to watch haha

Bus w**ker
So has the news that Sony used a highly spec'd gaming rig, behind a curtain, to demo the games come out yet? Because obviously they'd never do that...oh.

Mito Sportiva 135
Yeah - new product announcements should be exciting and male you think 'I need this in my life now'. Tech specs are boring and Sony in particular shouldn't play to this after what they said the PS3 would be able to achieve (e.g. equal to or worse than 360 despite coming out much later)

Has there ever been a past product launch where they don't actually show the product? Imagine Apple launching the new iPad but not actually showing it or Ford announcing the new Focus without a car to show. I don't really understand what Sony's thinking was.

Yaris Hybrid
I am just laughing at all the PS fanboys that spent 8 years defending the mushy triggers on their joypad only to find out that Sony binned them and copied the 360 triggers. Pure awesomeness.

I might get one but I will be buying a third party pad with the left analogue stick in the correct place.

It is great news for PC gamers, we may see the PC being the lead platform with the PS4 getting the same game but with the low detail settings fixed on.

Anyway I predicted before hand that the press conference would be thin on detail but high on fake screenshots or CGI passed off as in game footage.