ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Playstation 4 announcement 20th February?

dk

911 GTS Cab
I heard otherwise. MS Beat them by nearly a year last time and stole market. Sony cant afford to let that happen again.

sony have said they dont want to be trumped on spec so they are going to announce the spec after MS have so as to not allow the xbox to be better in any way shape or form. The current 'guess' specs are that the PS4 will be a lot more powerful than the xbox, and MS have gone against their word and are going bluray too.

Im not talking about release dates, im talking about announce dates.

1.4 Clio Dynamique
Either way Sony will profit. MS will have to license Blueray from Sony. So for every console sold, Sony will get a cut.

Astra SRI/ Hornet
I hope developers actually make games for the new ps3 or else it's just a waste of time being so powerful. Changing the code from Xbox to ps3 for games like COD cos its cheaper is bullshit tbh.

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
If the New XB has blueray i'll probably get that. Price obviously factors into this though. Not sure what platform the new GTA will be on then, as surely the PS3 will be made redundant after PS4 is released? Like wise with xBox.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
I hope developers actually make games for the new ps3 or else it's just a waste of time being so powerful. Changing the code from Xbox to ps3 for games like COD cos its cheaper is bulls**t tbh.
Most games will share a LOT of common code and assets across the platforms (PC included). It's simply far too expensive and time-consuming to write custom versions tailored specifically for each console.

Astra SRI/ Hornet
Most games will share a LOT of common code and assets across the platforms (PC included). It's simply far too expensive and time-consuming to write custom versions tailored specifically for each console.

I know and it's partly sony's fault for making it so different and expensive to develop games for. But all games these days are made for Xbox and then ported over to ps3 which we suffer for even though we pay the same price for the game.

Just buy a games PC and be done with it then? Incremental technology upgrades, cheaper games, and no need to wait 8 years for better graphics.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
I think I will start gaming on the PC in the future, some of the graphics put consoles the same. Just don't know if I could ever get used to using a keyboard.

Astra SRI/ Hornet
Pc's are expensive and take up too much room. None of my friends have them either. Guess I'm just a console guy.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
I knew someone would say that, lol. I know what I mean but can't explain it, lol.

They're not really that expensive for comparable console performance (2 quid?) and the games are cheaper. But anyway yeah...

Bus w**ker
I don't game enough to justify another gaming rig, nor do I have the space tbh. I'll get the new Xbox, the PS4 will no doubt suck ass.

dk

911 GTS Cab
I know and it's partly sony's fault for making it so different and expensive to develop games for. But all games these days are made for Xbox and then ported over to ps3 which we suffer for even though we pay the same price for the game.
not any more they aren't i don't think, the ps3 leads on games now too, when it first came out it was very difficult to code for, but developers have just got used to it after all these years now.

Bluray is the only option for the xbox, the limiting factor for the 360's games now are the size of the disks, MS would have to release games on several disks going forward. I think they are going to be using a new high capacity bluray with 100gb disks or something.

the word on the street is that the ps4 will be 50% more powerful than the new xbox, also sony are dropping the dual shock for a new controller as the contract on the technology is up for renewal and they don't want to have to pay for it again?

Also, some bad news, while both new consoles will appear in 2013, Europe will have to wait until 2014 for the new playstation its been reported today, something about the complexities of european distribution being a factor.

I really don't know which console i will buy, i currently have both, so whether i do the same again?? I just hate it when a game i really want comes out of a single platform.

Oh and they are planning to destroy the second hand market too by tying a game to a console making it unplayable on another console, but i suspect they'll have something where it will connect online and you can pay the distributor or sony £30 or something and you can then play it. The argue that the game developers and distributors don't see any more from games being sold on and its not fair.

Lol at "going forward". Seriously have a word with yourself. If you've picked up that phrase through work then either change jobs or kill yourself lol x

Anyway yeah, the used game thing wouldn't surprise me, and TBH IMO it's entirely within the rights of any IP holder to implement this strategy. It's been a grey area for decades. Even second hand CDs have been deemed illegal in some interpretations of the law.

For the first generation I can remember, I'm not in the slightest bit interested in getting another console. That may change in time, very doubtful though.

True story.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
I don't game enough to justify another gaming rig, nor do I have the space tbh. I'll get the new Xbox, the PS4 will no doubt suck ass.

Aren't the new gen consoles meant to be quite good for many other things now though? Like internet browsing, tv and just general mulitmedia.

I think that sony and microsoft are going to try and aim the consoles at a bigger audience possibly even non gamers.

Bus w**ker
No clue, if I'm honest I've paid no real attention to any of the speculation surrounding next gen consoles. I've got an iMac for all my proper computing/p**n browsing and I stream all my media from my NAS to my 360. I'd not be surprised if they went for the home media user, makes sense in 2013, I just highly doubt that personally I'll bother with the PS4 having moved from PS3 to 360 and seeing just how much better - for me - the whole 360 experience is.

dk

911 GTS Cab
Lol at "going forward". Seriously have a word with yourself. If you've picked up that phrase through work then either change jobs or kill yourself lol x

Anyway yeah, the used game thing wouldn't surprise me, and TBH IMO it's entirely within the rights of any IP holder to implement this strategy. It's been a grey area for decades. Even second hand CDs have been deemed illegal in some interpretations of the law.
Lol, wtf is wrong with saying going forward? It's only a different way of saying in the future, but going forward is just as valid surely?

Meh. IMO it's nothing to do with age. Most people who don't care about the next gen (2007 tech) hyper-consoles (lol), are of that opinion because they've been spoon-fed s**t graphics for so long that they think it's normal.

dk

911 GTS Cab
Funny that, the playstation is going to support 4k res, I don't think that will present s**t graphics (going forward).

dk

911 GTS Cab
We can never agree on who's the giver and who's the taker, so I don't think it will ever work out sorry. :(

dk

911 GTS Cab
That's what they said about widescreen hd flat tv's before ps3 came out ;)

isnt there already. 4k TV available now? I know it's probably the price of a car but give it a couple of years and they'll be popping up. Look how fast 3D tv's sold and they are now available for about £400. Sony have already announced a 4k surround sound that upscales bluray to 4k

RIP Dan
Meh. IMO it's nothing to do with age. Most people who don't care about the next gen (2007 tech) hyper-consoles (lol), are of that opinion because they've been spoon-fed s**t graphics for so long that they think it's normal.

I disagree.

The last console I bought was the Wii on release date, for some reason I have just not been grabbed by the PS3 or Xbox 360.....I was close a couple of times but didn't.

Not sure but I don't get the same excitement about them anymore.

FYI I have been "in" since the ZX80 and have had home computers/PC's/consoles ever since.

Roy/David, can the next gens re light my fire?