ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Please Help! ASAP! Pictures inside...

my crank sensor went kaput :(

it never came up with any fault lights at all. so doubt its that

EDIT: with crank sensor. the car still turns over.

Last edited:
  Ph1 track 172
if it was the starter motor surely the car would bump,

and if the crank sensor goes,
does it not still turn over??

when you say 'battery appears to be ok'
what does this mean??
as it might be ur alternator not charging the battery enuf

BREMBO

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 Mk1, Golf GTI Mk5
if it was the starter motor surely the car would bump,

and if the crank sensor goes,
does it not still turn over??

when you say 'battery appears to be ok'
what does this mean??
as it might be ur alternator not charging the battery enuf

Replaced battery, checked fuses, starter motor replaced. Im pretty sure it is electrical.

The lights are playing funny aswell, when I switch them on they go on then one of them always goes out, then switch them off then on again and it does the same but it might be a diffrent healight...very weird.

Alternator could make sense, but I think I should fire it up to reno for a diagnostic check. Christ knows how im going to get it there.

LoW clio Sh*t...&..
Hey Brembo.. you've got my coilpack but ive not received the payments yet?? At least a pm would be good to explain your delay mate.. i trusted you by sending the coilpack before the payments were cleared.. I am disappointed mate.

In between cars....
Thatll be the dodgy coil pack :rolleyes: ^^ , lead fell out when the mechanic was puting it on the car

BREMBO

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 Mk1, Golf GTI Mk5
Hey Brembo.. you've got my coilpack but ive not received the payments yet?? At least a pm would be good to explain your delay mate.. i trusted you by sending the coilpack before the payments were cleared.. I am disappointed mate.

Good of you to send without payment, very lucky tbh as one of the leads is corroded. Sent you PM, happy to send them back.

In between cars....
Do you want me to get you any bits off the clio here mate, as dean said, always plenty of them round baldovie scrappies

What you going to try next?

LoW clio Sh*t...&..
Hey Brembo, got ur pm.. Sorry to hear about that mate.. It was working fine on mine.. Well you can just return it back. Cheers mate.

BREMBO

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 Mk1, Golf GTI Mk5
Do you want me to get you any bits off the clio here mate, as dean said, always plenty of them round baldovie scrappies

What you going to try next?

Have just tried using a positive lead on a running battery to the starter motor, spoke to a mechanic said this should start and then check if the starter motor works - anyone now if this is true?... didnt do anything, was bricking it aswell lol

Thanks Chris, I think im going to try and bump start it next then should get it for diagnostic check me thinks. Ahhh the joys :dead:

PH1 172
Have just tried using a positive lead on a running battery to the starter motor, spoke to a mechanic said this should start and then check if the starter motor works - anyone now if this is true?... didnt do anything, was bricking it aswell lol

Thanks Chris, I think im going to try and bump start it next then should get it for diagnostic check me thinks. Ahhh the joys :dead:

Bump start fine but don't JUMP start it as I have heard this can send a nasty spike through the ECU and destroy it.

BREMBO

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 Mk1, Golf GTI Mk5
Had another good look tonight, came across fuse no. 80 which is supposdley part of the ignition? anyways it is looking a bit past it sell by date, its not blown but looks corroded in areas inside the casing - picture below - can someone tell me if this should still work?

Also looked at the earthing from battery which then connects to bolt on car (think its gearbox) that was looking a bit 'green' gave it that a tidy up.

fuse3.gif

fuse4.gif

BREMBO

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 Mk1, Golf GTI Mk5
Bit of an update

Bump Started the car tonight

It started like it normally would - dash board light still on. Once driving it does not go fast at all, does not go above 4000rpm at all.

Not sure if maybe because the engine hasn't been run for a while it was a bit smokey and strange smell of rubber/oily

Its able to start by turning it off then on which I was surprised at. Now at Renault though.

Any ideas what I might hear?

RRS, 172, ST3, VTS
id say alternator or battery or battery connection, reason it wont rev much, is because its in 'limp home' mode. hope your bill isnt too nasty

225 powered mk2
i think those lights are immobliser and emission light? but im not sure. when my earth went i got nothing and my speedo stayed spazzing out.

BREMBO

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 Mk1, Golf GTI Mk5
Ye - good point

Might also be noting when we pushed it out and I tried turning ignition on, all the lights went pretty mental including hazards and the central locking light (wee red dot one)

Alsooo thankyou very much faraz!

Last edited:

BREMBO

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 Mk1, Golf GTI Mk5
Bumpo

Any ideas what I might here, like above car only goes to 4000rpm no higher with foot flat to floor :S

Clio GT 120 EDC
Last time i had thoughs lights on my old 53reg clio back in 2005 i had the throttle sensor replaced under warranty.

White Sti Hatch
The fuse is fucked mate fact there water in it is another story get a replacement before it causes some more damage !

Also it not going above 4K means its in Limp mode mate

BREMBO

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 Mk1, Golf GTI Mk5
Throttle body - £700

Gutted.

I thought it would have still turned over personally

In between cars....
Well get one from a scrappy!!

DO NOT use renault to sort the prob, get the car back and we can change that saturday!

clio 172
Any starting issues or immobiliser issues check the 3 black relays in the engine fuse box as these are very common for causing all sorts of issues.