ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Please help Clio 182 keeps cutting out & traction control light on?????

Silver 182
hi as above but also sometimes when accelerating, the car like kangaroos down the road, when the traction control light comes on so does the service light, when u turn it off n back on again, these clear.

any suggestions please??

regards

Chris

Blown up 182 & Mondeo TDI
Id take it to a garage, not something ive heard of before.

Could be a problem with the traction control, you tried turning it off?

Silver 182
no just the traction control light, i've taken it to local renault dealer this mornin as it cut out again n wouldn't start for a while, the technician said tat all 182 sports do it from cold but only for abou a minute, but mine does it for upto 10 mins and even when driving steady in 5th at 60mph it's as if you are pressing the throttle up n down as if it's misfiring, said plugs need doin at 36k service and its done 32k now could it be plugs?

Silver 182
renault dealer came bk n said they plugged computer in reset some faults test drove the car and everything seems fine now, collected car yesterday and cold juddering problem seems to have gone but it still does it when you doin 60mph.

any ideas??

Megane 225
renault dealer came bk n said they plugged computer in reset some faults test drove the car and everything seems fine now, collected car yesterday and cold juddering problem seems to have gone but it still does it when you doin 60mph.

any ideas??

Take it back and ask them to fix the problem, not just fob u off with we cleared the fault codes. As them what the problem actually is? What fault codes they cleared, and if any codes have reappeared! This will let you diagnose and fix the fault!

Gem

Racing Blue 182
Sounds like you've got a bit of a rubbish Renault dealer there....I'd be canny and take it another one to be honest.

Complete rubbish that all 182's do that...but engine management lights are notorious for going a little nuts I must admit....(although an expert I most certainly am not!)

Take it another dealer, explain the bad experience you had with the other one and they will only be too happy to provide a better service in competition I would guess ;)

Clio 172 Cup
Mine did this too! its only a 1.2 grande but mine ended up being the air mass sensor?! Got trouble with the immobliser now!!