ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

please help on wheel selection guys

hi everyone i currently have a set of 15inch gto team dynamics with 195 50 15 tyres and i am wondering what to change them for cos i get bored quite easily he he anyway should i

1) put on a standard set of 172 wheels with 205 40 16 tyres on
2) put a nice set of 17" wheels and tyres on (it makes them look pretty awesome when lowered etc)

what difference will there be in acceleration mid range and top end be compared to my 15inch set up on the two options above...i dont want to kill the cars speed with 17" on

anyone who has 17inch on their 172 comments would be welcomed i went in my mates who has 17 millia wheels one which i know are very heavy and his still was mega quick anyway comments welcome cheers

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
i'd stick with 15's or 16's. Not had 17's but they will ruin the ride and handling. I think 16" with 195/45 tyres shoule be as big as you go on a clio imo

cheers for that mate is the 195 50 tyres any good mate are should i change them to 45 profile and what suspension set up would you recommend?

Clio 172 mk2
gt_gaz said:
i'd stick with 15's or 16's. Not had 17's but they will ruin the ride and handling. I think 16" with 195/45 tyres shoule be as big as you go on a clio imo

I'd agree with that..anything over 16 and your in serious chav territory....probably detrimental effects on handling also due to the extra weight.

EK9 + Mfactory gearing..
stick with 16's, run with a 37/38 offset for the best results (standard 172 mk2 et48.5) i take it is a mk2? you can run 205/45/16. (the ride wil be firmer if you went for a 205/40/16 for example.) if you want suspension that you dont want to fiddle with try H&R, otherwise it depends on your budget, FK, KW, LEDA etc.

cheers guys that has finally taken the 17 out the door but what about the comparsion against 15 and 16 wheels cheers

A

andy27

Hi, I'm new but I've got 16's on my 182 and running 205/45 16 and the standard suspension and it handles excellent, much bdetter than my previous Corsa on 15's with Lowering Spring

80MPG BEEZA
i;d say go for lightweight 17's i have some on my clio they handle perfect 16's look tiny i got chrome and black 5 spokes direct from bk there the shiz wud never go down to 16's EVER

M2 Competition
Lol, get 16's mate.

Have had 17's before, 16's drive far nicer, and without a huge bodykit 17's will look too big on a clio.

Get a set of 172 alloys as suggested, with 195/45 16 tyres, and then can always get em refurbed in a colour of your choice to make em a bit different (black, grey etc)

80MPG BEEZA
17's 17's 17's! even though mine has a kit i had 17's on before i had a kit on still looks good :)

182 and 5 GTT
17's will look nice if lowered sufficiently. Both immi's and jays cars look spot on. I would go for 16"s personally though

Clio Mk1 1.4rt 1994
can some tell me what would be beta on my mk1 1.4rt 15's or 16's performance and looks please ? and if any one has a photo they could send us

193 mk2
17's are fine if you go for something like the superleggera as its one of the lightest 17's you can buy & it waighs less than the standard 16" so you dont lose any handling + if you go for a 205/40/17 your not going up much size wise as in the rolling radius of the tyre, if it was 205/35/17 it would have the same radius as the standard 16. the problem is most people including me have tried heavy 17's which have terrible handling so they assume all 17's are the same. i had oz superT's which i hated way too heavy, then changed to the sexyleggs which i love, very light!!!