ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Plenum polishing - dremel to start?

Cooper S JCW
Right - I've got a used 182 Plenum with crap/white corrosion on it that I need to remove before progressing through the sanding papers - it is more the coilpack surround that I need to clean as I won't be going for the mirror finish in that area and the other parts aren't too bad

Which Dremel attachment would you guys recommend to get rid of the surface crap?

Thanks

Lionel Richie
na dremel is too small, just buy a polishing machine from machine mart for £30 and be done with it

plus youll need a dremel to go round the letters although is a bloody nightmare - I used a diamond tiped end - was about the best thing I found. are you going to put the engine cover back on? if so dont worry about the coilpack etc

Monblue bombay badboy!
i used a wire brush attachment brass ones are best but stainless steel one work wonders. Dont push to hard just let the wheel do the work plenty of elbow grease mate will look like this. plus a bit autosol and you have a nice gleaming plenum

Last edited: