ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Plex - Sell my physical media?

Status
Not open for further replies.
  Inferno 182 CUP
Hi all,

I'm after some opinions and feedback.

I have a new 2011 Mac Mini which I have been upgrading etc to make it into my super HTPC.

Anyway I basically want to rip my entire blu ray library to plex so it becomes my media centre.

Once I've done this, assuming I have proper back ups of my data on several drives is there any reason I shouldn't sell the physical blu ray discs? - I have some 50 odd blue rays so selling these would allow me to purchase some larger LaCie Drives for example in which I could store the data and keep a backup.

I was thinking of having a LaCie Tower. 2 x 2GB HDs. 1 for media and 1 as Time Machine backups. It then wouldn't really matter what size drive I had in my Mini as I wouldn't need to store any information on it. This would allow me to buy a 64GB SSD and just use it as a boot drive. Super speedy Mac Mini loaded with media able to stream around the house with a large sufficient back up.

Am I crazy or does this sound like a good idea?

Inferno 182 CUP
Between 20gb & 40gb .. It's not illegal though because I own them and paid for them. I'm just selling the discs?

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
So you won't own them any longer you f**king retarded idiot... Really thats like saying I own a car, im going to sell it, but not give the new owner the spare keys and when I feel like it I'm going to go drive it, are you really that f**king retarded??? Tech this is talking about illegal s**t... Can we get him points and banned ???

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
To speak to grown ups you actually have to have a grasp of rational intelligence which clearly you don't!!!

What you are talking about is piracy you spastic.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
But when u do sell them, instead of buying more just rent some blurays then rip them and return them, much cheaper....

Yeah most of my BLu-rays are 25gb.
Technically it is illegal as you no longer own the original copy of your 'Back ups'
Its just like illegally downloading the film with never actually owning the film

Last edited:

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
This really is your best one yet.

How did you ever procreate.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
Someone find this jokes name etc and we can report him for being a pirate... And not the boat type....

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
To be fair, its clear he didnt realise its piracy.

However its not hard to figure out.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I realised when I was 12 what piracy was when I could get 40 ps1 games for £10!

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
How is it not clear to understand if you buy something then sell it you can't continue to use it? My neighbours children who are 6 understand that....

Inferno 182 CUP
In fairness I didn't realise it was piracy.

I figured I've paid for the media. I've copied it to my HD as that's why I paid for it and bought it so you know why keep the discs?

What happens if I burn the disc and then I stand on it and it breaks and I bin it? - its in the bin and I don't own it any more yet I have a blu ray rip stored.

My thinking although probably a bit dim seemed logical to me.

Sorry

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I'm still astounded. Surely you could just take a video recorder to the cinema then. You paid for the movie afterall.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
If you were to buy something and back it up then break it, that's the point of a backup.... To make a backup and sell the original copy you no longer own it at all...

Really you astound me!!!! How do you manage to wipe ur ass after a s**t?? Or do you still wear nappies and have a plastic sheet on ur bed???

I thought lusty and joel d were mentally challenged... But u take the biscuit!!!!

Rav4
This is rather amusing to read.

I came across the consequences of illegal behaviour when I was 6 and stole a lollypop from the shop as my mother would not buy it. That slap still gives me nightmares.

How you can think it's not piracy, I don't know, but I would love to know what else goes on in your mind.?

it wasn't r*p* because I shouted surprise before I did anything, you have to believe me officer.

Status
Not open for further replies.