ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Plumbed in fire extinguisher nozzles locations

Hyperhatch

ClioSport Club Member
Hi All

I've purchased a plumbed in fire extinguisher but want to check where's best for the nozzles? I've had a look at a couple of the race car builds. I'm guessing two along the bulkhead area and two at the front with one of these aiming at the fuel rail?

Also with the ones on the plate at the back that covers the wipers mechanism & heater bits. Did you drill a hole and then simple screw the nozzle con back on to the nozzle to secure it?

The engine bay looks like this ATM so I can go where ever is best without to much hassle

IMG_5085.JPG

Cheers in advance

Twingo 1??

ClioSport Club Member
  Twingo 133 Cup,
Just on with me extinguisher set up on the Twingo. Do you have a 4 or 6 nozzle system? In the instructions I got with my system it's one into each of the footwells and 4 in the engine bay basically one in each corner facing into the middle.

Hyperhatch

ClioSport Club Member
Just on with me extinguisher set up on the Twingo. Do you have a 4 or 6 nozzle system? In the instructions I got with my system it's one into each of the footwells and 4 in the engine bay basically one in each corner facing into the middle.

I got mine second hand so don’t have the instructions. I can/will google them.

I was just seeing if there’s any good/easy places with the 182 to save time or to get better coverage should it go off. Mines a 6 nozzle btw

robzracing

ClioSport Club Member
I’ve got one over each headlight on brackets pointing inwards at fuel rail and two on the firewall each side over the brake fluid reservoir and beside the expansion tank.
Then inside the car I have another 4, all pointing into the foot wells
Can take a few pics if it helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thecrim22

ClioSport Club Member
  various
depends if your racing or rallying for the inside specs but for inside basically aimed at face and balls for engine bay aimed at fuel system i.e injectors and or fuel lines but the more the merrier again all depends how many nozzles you have

Hyperhatch

ClioSport Club Member
I’ve got one over each headlight on brackets pointing inwards at fuel rail and two on the firewall each side over the brake fluid reservoir and beside the expansion tank.
Then inside the car I have another 4, all pointing into the foot wells
Can take a few pics if it helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cheers, i’ll Have a look through your build thread and see if I can see the ones at the front. I’ve seen the ones at the back. Do the water lines get in the way of the wiper mechanism?

loggyboy

ClioSport Club Member
I didnt install mine, but can see the logic and agree with its locations. It has 2 jets, one comes thru the bulkhead, runs along the top of the battery/ecu brace then turns and sprays to wards the fuel rail. The other goes to the column and sprays towards drivers foot well.