ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

PMS 240 engine

gambit

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy
Pure Motorsport 240 engine, anyone here running the engine? If so what’s your experience of the built engine or the parts to piece it together yourself? Also what other ancillary parts have you matched it to and results?

Mertin

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172&Ph2 172 Cup
If you look up Derek Rothnie on facebook, he has a pms 240 engine which he built himself. Don't think he is on here

bob the builder

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
I run with 2 people in tricolore trophy race series who run them , nick Gwinnet and tony hunter
bloody hard to keep up with and they have had no problems with them.
nick at puremotor sport is a top bloke and will give you any help you need, get all my spares from there

Having personally seen the tricolore cars as mentioned above over a number of seasons I can echo what Bob has said in that they are ultra reliable and very quick.

A well sorted Clio with a pms 240 engine makes for a great all round package and in both cars the engines were built by pms as far as I am aware.

ian-speedy

ClioSport Club Member
  clio cup race car
I have just had my engine rebuilt by nick to his 240 spec , got one of his exhaust manifold as well , its sitting on my workshop floor waiting to be fitted , only heard good things about them , and they seem to go well

gambit

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy
I have just had my engine rebuilt by nick to his 240 spec , got one of his exhaust manifold as well , its sitting on my workshop floor waiting to be fitted , only heard good things about them , and they seem to go well
Good to hear, how has that process been having that engine built by PMS and will what other ancillary changes have you made to the car?

gambit

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy
For anyone who does not know the spec is as follows:
The engine spec is as follows:

12.5:1 Compression ratio,
82.7mm bore (83.0mm option)
93mm stroke
1998cc displacement (2012cc with 83.0mm bore)
240bhp output
185lbft torque

And you get the following:

The kit includes:

ACL or King racing tanged big end bearings
Robson engineering custom con-rods 148mm long
Custom CP Carrillo X Bridge pistons, three ring, 20mm pin and crown height to suit our con-rods, 82.7mm or 83.0mm

Piston ring set 82.7mm or 83.0mm
Genuine Renault engine seal kit

Cylinder head with matching cover:
Choice of Clio 172 or 182 CAD designed, CNC machined cylinder head with combustion chamber size to match our pistons
Valve seats cut with three angles blending into the combustion chamber and valve throat
New valve guides on all heads (these are not cut down when porting to keep maximum valve stability)

One piece uprated valves in standard size
Uprated single valve springs
Valve spring shim washers - we will calculate correct valve installed height and supply the correct shim thicknesses for your kit.
Cat Cams with VVT delete
Vernier cam Pulleys
Genuine Renault head gasket set and head bolts.
Weld up cam timing tool to set the cam timing to true valve lift with the head off the engine. (super accurate!)

it does not include: any induction, throttle bodies, exhaust manifold, oil catch tank, ignition coil, plug leads, flywheel or auxiliary belt driven parts.