ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

PMS Kits

SO..... looking into buying a few enhancments over the next couple of month but so may of them seem to be so good!

Dont know if anyone can help with laymen terms of what they actualy do and "are they worth it". the clio will be a track only car maybe drive to local circuits but thats all.

1. Racing Precision Gear Linkage Kit

2. Clio 172/182 Bump Steer Adjustment kit

3. Front Wishbone Bearing Kit & Stiffening Plates, NMB bearings, Caster Adjustable

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
SO..... looking into buying a few enhancments over the next couple of month but so may of them seem to be so good!

Dont know if anyone can help with laymen terms of what they actualy do and "are they worth it". the clio will be a track only car maybe drive to local circuits but thats all.

1. Racing Precision Gear Linkage Kit

It moves the gear knob nearer to the steering wheel, and removes play in the linkage both of which give it a much nicer feel.

I saw one of the racers on here complaining that it made gears harder to get but I cant comment on that personally as not driven with one on a track.

2. Clio 172/182 Bump Steer Adjustment kit

Read the associated setup document, it might be that you arent best equipped to set it up properly if you dont know what it is/does in the first place, but basically its to stop the car wandering around when you hit bumps, but you cant just bolt it on and it work, it has to be shimmed correctly.

3. Front Wishbone Bearing Kit & Stiffening Plates, NMB bearings, Caster Adjustable

Aims to give better control of the wheel, if you arent running slicks though I suspect it will be of limited use really, so it depends on the spec of your car.
Adjustable camber is nice, but there are much cheaper ways to add caster too of course.

Renault Clio 172 cup
A mate has the gear linkage kit and he loves it. As Chip says it moves the gearknob nearer and higher so perfect for track work. Not the simplest thing to fit but if you have common sense and read the instructions properly , you should have no problem. Takes a little adjusting to make sure you can select all gears 1-5 and reverse but again patience and common sense are your friend.
As for stiffer gears, completely the opposite he has found. He had a slightly stiff notchy gear change, but with this on it is smooth as silk, and very precise in gear selection. Will probably pick one up for myself during next winters's tweeks but with spring/summer finally here I would rather spend cash on trackdays at moment.