ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Pointless drive - I couldn't help it

Vee dub
Sunny Sunday afternoon, the vee was sat there gleaming.... I just couldn't not take it out.

A few pics - that's about it really. Never fails to make me grin like a tool when I'm pootling around in it. Enjoy:

1zvelwi.jpg

25pl06o.jpg

zv3a7r.jpg

29pau4m.jpg

11cfhmq.jpg

A couple of pics from when I went to see clarkie: 2 of 25 :)

20sjcjn.jpg

25tg76q.jpg

Vee dub
Great plate eh! I'm tempted with RU03 MAD haha

Rob - only drive it on Sundays really as it's not kept where I live. Love Sundays lol. Good job really as I can only afford to drive it once a week lol.

Cheers Christoph!!!!

Brian

ClioSport Admin
  LY 220 Trophy
Great plate eh! I'm tempted with RU03 MAD haha

£799 on Dvla (more than I was expecting tbh)

You must be well pleased, driving it few and far between must make it even more special.

Vee dub
Yeah I've got a plate lined up but going to be a while before I bare to part with £300 for one. That could go on fuel! lol

Cheers Brian, it's a joy to hop into on a nice day. I'm sure I'll drive it alot more in the summer. Hope you're enjoying the 200!

BMW E46 330i Touring
Cracking stuff TomS, I was expecting the obligatory "twins" pic! I miss Carlton Garage...

Vee dub
Cheers Ads - lol I couldn't resist them both lined up together.

I trust you're well

Brian

ClioSport Admin
  LY 220 Trophy
You can't bare to part with a tenner for membership, so I think it'll be a while before you buy a plate :rasp:

BMW E46 330i Touring
Yeah I'm good mate, still ticking along at EDF as before. You still wth Cheltenham Gov, perving at the bank (?) girl?

Vee dub
Good, glad all's well. Yeah living and working in Cheltenham, enjoying it :)

The bank girl was back in S.Glos but she still runs through my mind every now and then! hahahaha

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
It's a great comment that you can have fun just pootling. Not many cars can do that for you. The Williams truely did that for me. As good as the Trophy is it's best on the limit whereas the Williams could be at 30 and still have a sense of occasion.

Vee dub
Totally agree Jamie...... I actually dislike taking people out in it for the 1st time as they always want me to boot it...... so I just tend to pootle around - still sounds incredible at low rpm. They still seem to enjoy being in it though!

:)

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
Totally agree Jamie...... I actually dislike taking people out in it for the 1st time as they always want me to boot it...... so I just tend to pootle around - still sounds incredible at low rpm. They still seem to enjoy being in it though!

It's kind of a problem having a car like that. People want or expect you to cane it. It's lose, lose... You do and you're a yob. You don't and people think you're just posing. Ahh well, I'm sure you'll cope somehow :)

And Rob, find a car you think is truely different/special and you'll see what we mean. Or maybe just have different tastes and expectations.

Vee dub
Yeah it's just a nice experience being in it and hearing the engine at low rpm. It sounds stunning when giving it some throttle but the pleasure's in the low rpm driving for me.

I think I've been like that with most of my cars though :eek:

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
Needs a blank front plate like the other one for me - rest it ok ;)

Vee dub
Stunning mate!

Any plans?

None to be honest chap. I'm tempted with ph2 rear lights and a fresher back box but the standard lights keep growing on me!

Daz - I'm a fan of the blue euro strip on the plate - don't ask me why! lol

BREMBO

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 Mk1, Golf GTI Mk5
Yeh I definetly prefer the standard lights, the backbox looks like it could do with a good polish and it will look spot on. Sure somebody posted pictures on V6Clio, such a big diffrence.

Vee dub
I think it's the original back box so probably due to be replaced anytime soon really.

Think I'll get the polish out!

Massey6465 & saxo1.1

I demand you dont boot it. 'Blipp' when you take me in it for the first time.