ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Police chase a 172

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I got to 2 minutes in and nothing happened, got bored and turned off. Sorry.

Merc A class
The S3's are always around that way, one tried baiting me the other night on mancunion way about 2am

Nissan 350z
He did a good job losing the copper when he had to cross the grass central reservation. I think he would have got away if that road wasnt a dead end, he had a decent lead.

Titanium 182
At 5:15, why didn't they just block him in? It's a single carriage road, so I can only assume they were scared of damaging their vehicle, or they hadn't noticed it was him?

All those roads around there are 30mph before he sees the 172 (I'm there nearly every day), not sure why he's allowed to speed around but no one else is tbh.

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
ai, that's the way society should work, if someone does something wrong beat the s**t out of them and wear a uniform to make it all okay............:headno:

I really do wonder about people sometimes, the guy behaved like a total idiot and put a lot of people at risk, but that's no excuse to just randomly stove his head in, the police are there to protect and serve and honour the judicial system in bringing criminals before a judge to be held responsible for their crimes. it doesn't in any way give them the right to use excessive force like that and simply batter someone about the head. the lad was resisting getting out the car, yes, but he wasn't swinging punches, you can clearly see him foetus positioning to protect himself from the brutish idiot smacking him. It honestly defies belief that anyone on here would support a violent and unprovoked attack like that regardless of the prior situation, and especially from an officer of the law. if every crime was dealt with like that, essentially mob justice, then where would we be? back in medieval times?

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Lol at punching him in the head. I love how they feel the need to drag him out and punch him when he'd probably walk out with his hands up..

It didn't look like he was resisting anything, more like he was trying to get his belt off so they could pull him out of his window because they blocked him in. Yes he's a c**t for not stopping, but I disagree with the unnecessary violence and I hope he brought that up in court/seperate matter as it's not right.

Now Sold :-(
ai, that's the way society should work, if someone does something wrong beat the s**t out of them and wear a uniform to make it all okay............:headno:

I really do wonder about people sometimes, the guy behaved like a total idiot and put a lot of people at risk, but that's no excuse to just randomly stove his head in, the police are there to protect and serve and honour the judicial system in bringing criminals before a judge to be held responsible for their crimes. it doesn't in any way give them the right to use excessive force like that and simply batter someone about the head. the lad was resisting getting out the car, yes, but he wasn't swinging punches, you can clearly see him foetus positioning to protect himself from the brutish idiot smacking him. It honestly defies belief that anyone on here would support a violent and unprovoked attack like that regardless of the prior situation, and especially from an officer of the law. if every crime was dealt with like that, essentially mob justice, then where would we be? back in medieval times?

1. I don't disagree with your stance. Assaulting someone for no reason and without justification is against the law regardless of if you are a cop or plain joe public.

In this instance however unless you know the full story you can't make an informed decision on what was and wasn't lawful/necessary.

Lets say for instance the Clio and its occupants have just committed and armed robbery and the information the cop has is that the persons involved had a knife or other weapon. Would you wait and see if he was going to use it or get a perfectly justified and lawful pre emptive strike in to negate that danger?

Every single one of these videos has a background story that in the majority of occasions we never get to hear about. If the cop has done something unlawful he, like every one else, could find himself answering to a court for his actions. The only difference is the penalty for him, should he be convicted, will be far in excess of that dealt out to joe public for a similar offence. But that is a whole other debate.

Would you wait and see if he was going to use it or get a perfectly justified and lawful pre emptive strike in to negate that danger?
They already had him restrained, the one that didn't have a hold of him was the one that delivered the blow(s). No need for that IMO and I wouldn't be happy it if happened to me.

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
1. I don't disagree with your stance. Assaulting someone for no reason and without justification is against the law regardless of if you are a cop or plain joe public.

In this instance however unless you know the full story you can't make an informed decision on what was and wasn't lawful/necessary.

Lets say for instance the Clio and its occupants have just committed and armed robbery and the information the cop has is that the persons involved had a knife or other weapon. Would you wait and see if he was going to use it or get a perfectly justified and lawful pre emptive strike in to negate that danger?

Every single one of these videos has a background story that in the majority of occasions we never get to hear about. If the cop has done something unlawful he, like every one else, could find himself answering to a court for his actions. The only difference is the penalty for him, should he be convicted, will be far in excess of that dealt out to joe public for a similar offence. But that is a whole other debate.

He wasn't doing anything when he was dragged out though. He was curled up in a ball. If he had a weapon etc they would of been better tasering him in the car or filling it with pepper spray. Mr Policeman was annoyed he made off from them so gave him a few digs to the head - actions like that tend to give the majority of other cops a bad name.

IMO of course.

197 FF Glacier White
Would be different if he'd mowed you son/daughter/friend down whilst driving like that. He should be banned for life with a very hefty prison sentence, he won't be though, where's the justice in that?

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Would be different if he'd mowed you son/daughter/friend down whilst driving like that. He should be banned for life with a very hefty prison sentence, he won't be though, where's the justice in that?

It would be different because it would be death by dangerous driving and not dangerous driving??

They already had him restrained, the one that didn't have a hold of him was the one that delivered the blow(s). No need for that IMO and I wouldn't be happy it if happened to me.

You may want to watch again. Your idea of restrained and mine are clearly very different.

1st cop has hold of his right wrist and is pulling him out of the car. Lets go and starts grabbing for his other wrist.
Driver goes into a foetal position covering his face because he's scared or pulls his now free right arm in towards his body making a grab for something?
Yes I can see its the first option but if you are cop No. 2 you can't IMO see his arm.
2nd cop comes in a delivers blows to head for reasons that only he can justify or account for.

You may want to watch again. Your idea of restrained and mine are clearly very different.

1st cop has hold of his right wrist and is pulling him out of the car. Lets go and starts grabbing for his other wrist.
Driver goes into a foetal position covering his face because he's scared or pulls his now free right arm in towards his body making a grab for something?
Yes I can see its the first option but if you are cop No. 2 you can't IMO see his arm.
2nd cop comes in a delivers blows to head for reasons that only he can justify or account for.
There's never any need for a blow to the head. Are they taught that in training?

The driver is obviously s**t scared and isn't going to take on 4 police officers. There are other ways of restraining/cuffing people that don't involve punching them in the head.

Clio 182 FF
Love at the start of the video where the cop is speeding round sees the 172 doing the same sort of speed as hes just been doing and chases him. Would love to know what the police officer got for this and bashing his head at the end, probably nothing.

Why the 172 driver didnt stop in the first place is beyond me, 3 points and 60 quid fine or banned! Know what I would have.

Thought he got away at one point as well!

There's never any need for a blow to the head.

Are you serious?

I agree that in this instance there were several other options open to the cop that could have achieved the same outcome. He may or may not have considered them. Again only he can answer that question.

Audi A4
Yeh other ways to deal with getting the guy out the car... But he deserved it!

Also I noticed the police went into a green bike only square at about 1:40mins in. One of our other engineers got £60 fine and threatened with 3 points for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.