ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Police chase a 172

Status
Not open for further replies.
  BMW 330D
All those roads around there are 30mph before he sees the 172 (I'm there nearly every day), not sure why he's allowed to speed around but no one else is tbh.

Where did he end up i was lost after he left Washway road?

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
At 5:15, why didn't they just block him in? It's a single carriage road, so I can only assume they were scared of damaging their vehicle, or they hadn't noticed it was him?

There was an episode of Traffic Cops ages ago where one of the officers said they are not allowed to block suspects in. During that scene, the suspect drove into a yard with one exit. The police had to follow him in.

Not sure if it's the same situation as this video as I've not watched it yet. Just going to now.

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
Are you serious?

I agree that in this instance there were several other options open to the cop that could have achieved the same outcome. He may or may not have considered them. Again only he can answer that question.

I know its a very stressful job and its easy to get caught in a moment and believe a person presents a threat, and as you say there could be weapons involved that we do not know about from watching a video like that. however from the final sequence it seems very much to me like the bloke is dragged savagely from his car, is putting up no fight in terms of reaching for anthing and is very well restrained by one officer at the point the other officer smacks him several times in the head. its a massive over-reaction and the cop doing it could well have good reason. based on that video however it doesn't appear to be out of context, I feel pretty firmly that the young lad was unarmed and harmless and restrained suitably at the point he receives the blows.

this is all as you say speculation and my own opinion, perhaps it did go down differently, but there seem to be an awful lot of these instances where someone in a position of power/authority abuses that right and privilege to be in such a position. and its not just the police, or even physical violence, it crops up in all walks of life and it makes me a little bit perturbed to see others essentially condoning that kind of behaviour and actively goading the perpetrators on.

Titanium 182
There was an episode of Traffic Cops ages ago where one of the officers said they are not allowed to block suspects in. During that scene, the suspect drove into a yard with one exit. The police had to follow him in.

The thought of what you just said actually made me laugh a little. I wonder why it's the case though?

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Yeh other ways to deal with getting the guy out the car... But he deserved it!

Also I noticed the police went into a green bike only square at about 1:40mins in. One of our other engineers got £60 fine and threatened with 3 points for that.

Diplimatic immunity.

Nissan 350z
The "assault" was justified and good on the copper for doing it. I bet the driver thinks twice about speeding through residential areas if theres a potential for a shoeing at the end compared with a slap on the wrist for being naughty and the coppers all acting matey with him.

The amount of traffic lights he ran, the built up residential areas, the other cars he overtook etc. Tool.

330i. E30 Touring.
The "assault" was justified and good on the copper for doing it. I bet the driver thinks twice about speeding through residential areas if theres a potential for a shoeing at the end compared with a slap on the wrist for being naughty and the coppers all acting matey with him.

The amount of traffic lights he ran, the built up residential areas, the other cars he overtook etc. Tool.

I'm with the pro-beaters on this one.

If someone's already tried legging it putting others at risk, make sure he doesn't try it a second time.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Serious question, if you ran from the police but then gave up and surrendered, would you accept that a violent beating is deserved?

Whether the guy is a wally or not, it's not up to the police to take the law into their own hands and quite frankly if they're happy to beat a tackled suspect in public in front of their colleagues, then what else might they be happy to do that's not within their job description?

330i. E30 Touring.
Yep. If i'd spent the last ten minutes running and causing danger to the public, i'd accept that the Police/whoever stopped me would have to act based on those last ten minutes.

I'd expect a slap!

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
Don't run = don't get punched in the head. I think that's what we can take from this.

That said, I'm not pro punching crims.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
From reading all the responses on here I was expecting a completely unprovoked kicking being issued by the officer in question.

I've only just been able to watch it, couldn't see anything wrong at all with the way they extracted him from the car and subdued him.

Spot on IMO

E36 328i
Don't think anyone who wasn't there can comment on what is justified. This could have been what's called "distraction strikes" used for whatever reason.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
People forget that coppers are human too. If you someone driving like a complete arse, it can be incredibly frustrating. But these guys have to saddle up and chase after the mong, putting their own lives in danger. While I don't think it's right to beat a suspect up, it's perfectly understandable why he lost it.

I was half expecting them to pull Jordi from the car though.

I was half expecting a scene from Fight Club having read the comments from some people.

Don't see a problem with it in my opinion.

Served.

I personally don't give a s**t about the beating. Welcome to the real world. Consequences and repercussions.

RB 182 FF
The cop was totally right to clock the little sh*t on the head, the only problem was he didn't do it hard enough and not enough times!! People like this need a right kicking and a massive ban and prison for driving like that. How he didn't kill anyone is amazing!! The only plus point to the little sod was he chose to drive a 172, he has good taste! :D

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
I am pretty sure thats just plain and simple assult by the copper, regardless of whether the lad has been driving like a tube or not.

Personally, I think the copper is just gutted he couldnt keep up with "a little clio"

f**k me, that lad peddled that thing!!

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
He should be sacked. Whats to say he cant keep his cool when he goes to a disturbance that doesnt involve someone driving like a prick? Something lets say more mediocre? It wouldnt make it right then and in my opinion certainly not now.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
I am pretty sure thats just plain and simple assult by the copper, regardless of whether the lad has been driving like a tube or not.

Personally, I think the copper is just gutted he couldnt keep up with "a little clio"

f**k me, that lad peddled that thing!!

LOL at peddled :D

Dci 100
4:35 do the cops run over a cat!

You'd have to run it past the RSPCA, but i think the cats reflective eyes would have shown up in that video, unless its was a sleeping cat....bad day for felix and evidently the police will stop at nothing these days

172 turbo & BMW 1m
would love to hit that copper a few times ,he cany go about punchin people in the head when they do something wrong..

Changes to often
You'd have to run it past the RSPCA, but i think the cats reflective eyes would have shown up in that video, unless its was a sleeping cat....bad day for felix and evidently the police will stop at nothing these days

lmao

Astra (H) VXR
The lad driving is a total **** for doing it, but that copper is just as bigger one for doug that at the end. Police should be diplomatic at all times unless attacked themselves. That lad posed no threat whatsoever to the officers. For one he was blocked in his at as you see the car push up against his door so he can't get out. I think he should have been sacked for a use of power and put in the same jail as that young lad.

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
I want to know who it is now.

And the police always speed round there. When they have new cars to test they drive round there, it's where the GMP smashed the Golf .:R up.

Status
Not open for further replies.