ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Police chase a 172

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
Your in the police force arnt you?

How would you judge what they did at the end?

I don't know the full circumstances as there was no sound on the video I watched. There may have been information being passed to the officers via their radios saying the vehicle was known for firearms or that the driver has previous for GBH'ing a copper or so,etching else that may have caused the officers concern for their personal safety. It was also probably difficult for them to establish if he was actually resisting or not but in some instances you just cant be too careful.

On the other hand it might just of been a bully copper, the type that makes us all look bad.

Who knows??

Astra (H) VXR
Fair one. I see where your coming from! To me it looked excessive.. I watched my mate get his head burrows into the floor by a copper on a night out after trying to break a fight up between his mate and another lad. Then when his gf tried to tell them what happened she was arrested too.. I understand the zero tolerance on Saturday nights but sometimes I think they just need to take even a minute to assess what has happened I stead of going in blind and all guns blazing (so to speak)

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Too careful? LOL.

He should have waited for the appropriate action from the driver before he 'defended' himself. At least thats what he will say when questioned no doubt!

Lionel Richie
that's the problem, too many liberal pansies about, no one is scared of the Police because of this attitude and "the rules", fair play to the copper for putting the boot in, the guy was driving like a t**t! in the 70's/80's even the 90's the coppers would kick the crap out of you for looking at them wrong, we didn't have hoodies or Jeremy Kyle then and criminals got treated as scum, none of this human rights b****cks

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
I'm not Roy, no.

Points on my license is all ive ever had. Been a Boat master since i was 19.

I have my reasons which make me seriously resent the Police with a passion, the worst of it is, my was best mate is a Strathclyde Police officer and we dont talk now.

that's the problem, too many liberal pansies about, no one is scared of the Police because of this attitude and "the rules", fair play to the copper for putting the boot in, the guy was driving like a tw*t! in the 70's/80's even the 90's the coppers would kick the crap out of you for looking at them wrong, we didn't have hoodies or Jeremy Kyle then and criminals got treated as scum, none of this human rights b****cks

+1

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
I'm not Roy, no.

I have my reasons which make me seriously resent the Police with a passion, the worst of it is, my was best mate is a Strathclyde Police officer and we dont talk now.

Like I said mate I'm sure you have your reasons.

Astra (H) VXR
I think the problem with police is the young arrogant ones probably still in there twenties very early thirties that think they can do anything they want because the are the police. I found when I was younger it was the older ones who had been in the force for a long time that where reasonable with you and talked to you with the respect that they deserve in return.

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
I think the problem with police is the young arrogant ones probably still in there twenties very early thirties that think they can do anything they want because the are the police. I found when I was younger it was the older ones who had been in the force for a long time that where reasonable with you and talked to you with the respect that they deserve in return.

Im not going to lie and say that there aren't some arrogate coppers about because there are. It's the same as all walks of life, there's good and bad. I do try and educate some of the young'uns I work with as to the way that people should be treated. I've got the point now where if someone starts mounting off at me I just stay calm and deal with them as professionally as possible.

All police officers can use discretion when dealing with traffic offences. If people speak to me politely I'm much more likely to use that discretion rather than going and dishing out tickets. I'm not talking about people kissing arse I'm talking about being spoken to like a human being.

2007 Clio
I'm not Roy, no.

Does he drive an orange ST ?

There is a copper I see him going into work some mornings hes a right arrogant driver.

Ive never really had much s**t off the police since I grew up, had my fair share of points and traffic stops and fines and charges etc though, lol.

Astra (H) VXR
Im not going to lie and say that there aren't some arrogate coppers about because there are. It's the same as all walks of life, there's good and bad. I do try and educate some of the young'uns I work with as to the way that people should be treated. I've got the point now where if someone starts mounting off at me I just stay calm and deal with them as professionally as possible.

All police officers can use discretion when dealing with traffic offences. If people speak to me politely I'm much more likely to use that discretion rather than going and dishing out tickets. I'm not talking about people kissing arse I'm talking about being spoken to like a human being.

And this is how they should be!

The idiot in the 172 only stopped due to running out of fuel... good job he was a teenage scumbag that only fills with £10 that his nan gave him. There are 2 sides to this really... the police should have been a little more restrained but in this scenario he could have killed someone quite easily so using force was probably required... plus these guys were probably major pumped up on adrenaline so acted without thinking.

Too many idiots on the road... i nearly became one of them if it wasn't for a seriously fair copper who pulled me into line. I drive to the speed limit day & night now and don't care who is having a fit behind to get past.

E36 328i

I've been in since I was 19 (22 now) and it's purely down to the personality, not age. I have joined with people twice the age of me who have now left because they just can't talk to people. It's a shame but you will get idiots in all walks of life.

that's the problem, too many liberal pansies about, no one is scared of the Police because of this attitude and "the rules", fair play to the copper for putting the boot in, the guy was driving like a tw*t! in the 70's/80's even the 90's the coppers would kick the crap out of you for looking at them wrong, we didn't have hoodies or Jeremy Kyle then and criminals got treated as scum, none of this human rights b****cks

^^ completely agree with this!

Too many idiots on the road... i nearly became one of them if it wasn't for a seriously fair copper who pulled me into line. I drive to the speed limit day & night now and don't care who is having a fit behind to get past.

Similar to this i got pulled over for going a bit too quick (nothing stupid) had a strong but fair telling off from the officer to scare me out of speeding again and it has worked.

Megane GT
I cant watch it as Im at work, but tbh there is no real reason for any police officer to hit someone unless they themselves are in danger. Having only ever dealt with the police once, and it being this week Im currently not very pro police when it comes to their behaviour and manor of going about their business. I bet half of them were the kids that got bullied at school and are trying to get revenge by hiding behind a uniform.

330Ci cab
ive had many many encounters with the police, i grew up in a s**tty area, went to school with lads who took the wrong path but thats their choice, and i never got into trouble. roll on getting my licence and first car, within 3 hours i got a tug. between 98 and 2002 i had in my ownership approx 390 producer receipts. i was literally getting harrased and on one occasion to cut a long story short i was arrested by one officer who had stopped me 9 times previously for saying kiss my arse under my breath when i was getting in my car. the van eventually came and in the back of said van i got a pasting by this PC and his pal. i was locked up for 6 hours and got cautioned, and i have to declare it for every post i take at work and its a nightmare. i got myself a solicitor and took it to court, it didnt make it there as GMP sent a grovelling letter and ive never been pulled since that day.
i cant stand the police and do think they are nothing but bullies. i do however have respect for what they have to deal with, but *most do definately appear to turn into egotistical maniacs when they do, from my experience. i dont agree with what the kid did, far from it, but you cant, on camera, try making someone look closer at the texture and depth of his shiny s3 paint repeatedly.

*have an old work colleaugue who changed to the dark side, hes a nice guy, and another guy, but thats a story for another day

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
In my experience a lot of people that have a 'bad' experience with the police are actually just frustrated that the police just happened to do their job and the person didn't like it. Please note that I said a 'lot' and not 'all' before I get jumped on!!

I have dealt with countless people who are nice and polite to begin with but when they realise that they are going to be getting 3 points and a 60 sheets fine for talking on their phone whilst driving they start to get stroppy. Then all of a sudden it's my fault they were breaking the law and I'm the arsehole lol

If you don't want to have to deal with the police and their poor attitude don't break the law. Surely it's that simple?

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
ive had many many encounters with the police, i grew up in a s**tty area, went to school with lads who took the wrong path but thats their choice, and i never got into trouble. roll on getting my licence and first car, within 3 hours i got a tug. between 98 and 2002 i had in my ownership approx 390 producer receipts. i was literally getting harrased and on one occasion to cut a long story short i was arrested by one officer who had stopped me 9 times previously for saying kiss my arse under my breath when i was getting in my car. the van eventually came and in the back of said van i got a pasting by this PC and his pal. i was locked up for 6 hours and got cautioned, and i have to declare it for every post i take at work and its a nightmare. i got myself a solicitor and took it to court, it didnt make it there as GMP sent a grovelling letter and ive never been pulled since that day.
i cant stand the police and do think they are nothing but bullies. i do however have respect for what they have to deal with, but *most do definately appear to turn into egotistical maniacs when they do, from my experience. i dont agree with what the kid did, far from it, but you cant, on camera, try making someone look closer at the texture and depth of his shiny s3 paint repeatedly.

*have an old work colleaugue who changed to the dark side, hes a nice guy, and another guy, but thats a story for another day

lol @ pulled over 390 times over 4 years without ever doing anything wrong!

330Ci cab
if by breaking the law you mean driving with a valid license, mot and insurance, within the speed limits and in a roadworthy car, but leaving the documents at home, then i disagree. however i have taken speeding points, all 12 of them over the years, and always said thanks and had a bit of a laugh as i was clearly in the wrong and i accept that. you cant accept harrasment though, surely? getting produced outside your front door, at your place of work, and telling said officer you know who i am, then eventually getting pasted for f**k all. is that right? did i deserve that? im not arguing im stating my experiences, im a placcid guy, id rather tlaugh than be full of attitude that gets you nowhere. but i still disagree with the video and think that there has to be a line between an officers professional/personal, and that seemed personal rather than an easy arrest

330Ci cab
ron, dont make assumptions, you sound like the typical PO. theres nothing funny about it, and yes, id never done anything wrong other than live where drugs etc are rife

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
if by breaking the law you mean driving with a valid license, mot and insurance, within the speed limits and in a roadworthy car, but leaving the documents at home, then i disagree. however i have taken speeding points, all 12 of them over the years, and always said thanks and had a bit of a laugh as i was clearly in the wrong and i accept that. you cant accept harrasment though, surely? getting produced outside your front door, at your place of work, and telling said officer you know who i am, then eventually getting pasted for f**k all. is that right? did i deserve that? im not arguing im stating my experiences, im a placcid guy, id rather tlaugh than be full of attitude that gets you nowhere. but i still disagree with the video and think that there has to be a line between an officers professional/personal, and that seemed personal rather than an easy arrest

Read my earlier posts. Wouldn't be fair to make a definitive assessment without knowing the full facts.

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
And I also grew up in a rough part of town. In fact Hackney is probably considered one of the most notorious parts of London. I started driving at 17 and got pulled over a fair few times. I was always polite and never had any problems. Maybe because I didn't drive like a ****, I didn't drink drive, I didn't allow people to smoke drugs in my car and I didn't hang around in large groups causing anti social behaviour.

I'm not saying this is what you were doing but to get pulled over 390 times you MUST of been doing something wrong???

Richyy182

ClioSport Club Member
  BG Clio 182 FF
+2

And I work as a barristers clerk and criminals keep my barristers in work but my dad was in the met police for 25 years. Bring back proper policing. I guarantee people would think twice before mugging a 89 year old
woman, or stabbing someone in the face.

The person driving the 172 should be hanged - joke

330Ci cab
And I also grew up in a rough part of town. In fact Hackney is probably considered one of the most notorious parts of London. I started driving at 17 and got pulled over a fair few times. I was always polite and never had any problems. Maybe because I didn't drive like a ****, I didn't drink drive, I didn't allow people to smoke drugs in my car and I didn't hang around in large groups causing anti social behaviour.

I'm not saying this is what you were doing but to get pulled over 390 times you MUST of been doing something wrong???

same here, ive never drunk drove, i dont smoke and have never taken drugs. and i can assure you i have never done anything to be pulled other than speeding on mways and the odd bulb. nothing has ever warranted the harassment ron, and i can still reel off names of those that did, including one thats always on xcars, he started in marple and hes a c**t

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
same here, ive never drunk drove, i dont smoke and have never taken drugs. and i can assure you i have never done anything to be pulled other than speeding on mways and the odd bulb. nothing has ever warranted the harassment ron, and i can still reel off names of those that did, including one thats always on xcars, he started in marple and hes a c**t

If your telling the truth Fran then you have been proper unlucky buddy. Did you ever put in a complaint?

330Ci cab
massive complaints ron. i tried speaking to the inspector at stockport, the main station or 'J' division and everytime i was told its their job. but after the arrest i got a solicitor, gave him the receipts, he wrote a letter to GMP along with copies of said receipts and said i wanted to take them to court for harassment. they listened after that. had no pulls since other than speeding which is deserved and ive no problem whatsoever with that

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
Fair enough mate. Like I've said earlier in the thread there are some arsehole coppers about. The thing is mate is they are a minority but they give us all a bad name.

I'm lovely honestly lol

330Ci cab
Fair enough mate. Like I've said earlier in the thread there are some arsehole coppers about. The thing is mate is they are a minority but they give us all a bad name.

I'm lovely honestly lol

true lol they have and they do. but as i said earlier, i have respect as they have to encouNter some s**tty situations etc

im sure you are Ron :) haha

Last edited:
  Fiesta ST200
No need for the copper to hit the kid. Period.

But he is a complete bell for doing what he did.

Just pull over. Who knows, they might let you off. 'yes sir, no sir' is the best way to talk to a policeman. Especially when you have been speeding.

White clique
clip was quite entertaining, as for the bloke getting a slap at the end, good! Just because he is in a car we all know and love, it does not mean he is necessarily a decent guy like us that we'd all see at a meet, he is a criminal plain and simple. To me it also looked like the policeman was trying to knock the blokes arm away from the blokes head so they could grab his arms to pull him on to the floor.

cossiefran, if i am honest i don't believe you that you have had 390 producer receipts, just sounds like one of those dramatic stories to try and twist the situation to show the police have been treating you unreasonably. Have they given 390 prodicer receipts to all of your friends too, or have they targeted you for some reason? If you have done not a lot wrong as you claim, why would they waste their time?

EDIT - what did the policeman use to smash the clios window, looks like he just punches it out?!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.