ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Polish,Seal,Wax?

1.6 16v
Where is the best/cheepest place to buy these products from? and are they any good on black cars?

Polish - Autoglym Super Resin Polish
Sealant - Jeffs Werkstatt Acyrlic Jett Trigger
Wax - Collinite 845 Insulator Liquid Wax

Would you recomend anything different because i want to get these asap!

Cheers steve

i use XXX which gives really good results.. also sometimes autoglym EGP, which is really easy on and off..

106 GTi
The Collinite is great choice for winter for durability.

Other waxes will look IMO better but not last along.

My current faves on Black are Pinnacle Souveran, Chemical Guys 50/50 and the recently purchased Swisswax Onyx.

www.polishedbliss.co.uk is the only place I have seen in the UK to sell the Jeffs

106 GTi
I thought that AG EGP was a seal not a wax?

Where did you get your XXX from?

EGP is sealant with waxes in the blend.

XXX is the same product as Poorboys Nattys Wax, on Black if that is your chosen route get the Poorboys Nattys Blue, looks very wet and glossy, but lacks some of the depth of other waxes though, and is not the easist on or off.

106 GTi
Price wise you cant knock the 50/50 for what you save over the Souveran, is also said to be quite durable. Souveran only lasts a few weeks, a month at best - I did a quick half and half on a panel on mine in the garage and could not tell the difference.

Souveran is a long term fave on my car and lookes superb in the sun, not tried the CG 50/50 during the summer or seen it on a bright day so can't comment 100% as which I would go for if I had to chooses one.

Sensible option with the wallet talking is the 50/50 for the money, where as I would probably say splash the cash on the Souveran as its results are proven to me.

1.6 16v
Cheers Rich, These are a few more waxes and i dont know which to buy tbh. Could you please put them in an order of best to worst lol? taking into the easy to use and durability fact!

Collinite 845 Insulator Liquid Wax
Meguiars #16 Paste Wax
Collinite No. 476S
Pinnacle Souveran
Meguiars NXT Generation Liquid Wax

Pinnacle Souveran sound wicked but expensive thats what thrown me again:(

106 GTi
Ease of use

Pinnacle Souveran
Collinite No. 476S
Meguiars NXT Generation Liquid Wax ( will remover anything below as it is a cleaner/wax/sealant)
Meguiars #16 Paste Wax

Durability Best to Worse (not really an issue if you are using a sealant beneath it)

Collinite No. 476S
Meguiars #16 Paste Wax
Meguiars NXT Generation Liquid Wax
Pinnacle Souveran

If you intend to use the Jeffs sealant, I would go with the CG 50/50, skip the NXT I dont rate it at all!

1.6 16v
So lol,

Polish - AG SRP
Seal - AG EGP untill ran out which there is not much left anyway lol Then will use the Jeffs
Wax - Collinite No. 476S or CG 50/50

Will that do the trick?

Thanks for all your help! :)

Steve

106 GTi
Sorted! ^^^^

I would do the Collinite for the rest of winter and change to 50/50 in the spring.

1.6 16v
YES YES YES RESULT!!!!!

Thank You matey for all your patience and help! :)

I just need to go and buy some now! :)

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
i havent used 50/50 yet but people keep telling me about it, just with this weather and my mileage sometime si cant be arsed

106 GTi
I don't bother with anything other than Prima Hydro, OCW or Aquawax on my daily drive at this time of the year being as they are all easy to use in 5-10 mins max after a wash. Never look anywhere nears as good as the full on process.

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
Wax - Collinite 845 Insulator Liquid Wax

Just got me some of this, supposed to be very good for wheels etc.