ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Polished & Powder Coated Engine Parts

Lionel Richie

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M

aaaaaaghhhhhhhhh.

Could you not exchange my Mk1 172 inlet manifold then Fred?!....

Ive been after one of these for ages and have the cash waiting.

--chris

Scooby STi, FiestaST

look good fred.

did you see my emails re the lowering mate ? (hijack i know)...

[Edited by the_ferret on 24 July 2005 at 8:44pm]

lawrence

ClioSport Club Member
  is non-existent

fred did you get my email for my mates skyline wheels?

would you be able to polish the inlet on the 172 so its completely rather than having that bumpy renault sport bit?

LiquidPhoto.co.uk

mmm interesting, all black would look mighty tastey!

gona be giving you lots of my hard earned pennies some time soon i think!

got big plans for another new build

Lionel Richie

Quote: Originally posted by lawrence on 24 July 2005

fred did you get my email for my mates skyline wheels?

would you be able to polish the inlet on the 172 so its completely rather than having that bumpy renault sport bit?
yes i did, ill reply to all e-mail tomorrow

yes it can be done lawrence, but the problem is when i polish that surface, the polisher "rounds off" the edges of the renault sport raised lettering and the three lines, no way round it really

the one in the pic has the "renault sport" lettering face polished, would look good with a carbon engine cover

BBs turbo has only the inlet runners polished, but mike172sports inet is completley polished, looks nice, but im very picky when it comes to attention to detail, and rounded edges are a no no

lawrence

ClioSport Club Member
  is non-existent

well ballcrusher did say that if it was to be polished all the way round then the lettering would become rounded, but maybe its a good thing, would certainly look different

Lionel Richie

i can do it, but its not a nice job LOL, i mean you try polishing between the three lines and in between the letters!!!!

even between the runners is a bugger

id have to use basically a fancy air dremel type tool to do it!!!

Lionel Richie

oooh, i nearly forgot to mention, i can have the top flat face machined flat and then mirror polished (ie remove the "Renault Sport" logo completley)

and i can have whatever you want cut into it

such as "my car is quicker than yours" etc etc

lawrence

ClioSport Club Member
  is non-existent

i know what you mean, in between letters would be a b**ch, have you though about doing any other polishing in the 172 engine bay?

alternator, brackets, mounts, the stabiliser bar above the battery???

can you polish almost anything that is bare metal in the engine bay?

lawrence

ClioSport Club Member
  is non-existent

ok ill have a looksie tomorrow and email you pics for what i want doing, isd it cheaper to get it polished in powder coated? im thinking of a colour coded engine bay

Valver..

looks the b****cks....can u powerder coat any thing...i may have a lil some i may wont doin....been lookin 4 a place where i live 4 ages who powder coat!

Golf R/Leon FR

Quote: Originally posted by Fred2001Dynamic on 24 July 2005

i can do it, but its not a nice job LOL, i mean you try polishing between the three lines and in between the letters!!!!

even between the runners is a bugger

id have to use basically a fancy air dremel type tool to do it!!!
ive polished my inlet manifold did it by hand though alot of sanding!!!!

the top with the logo is a ballache to do, havent finished that yet its too fiddley to get into.

Fred how much to:

Powder coat my rocker cover 449?

Rufurb back to original colour or white a set of turbines?

Polish my mans bits?;)

PM me with a rep-ly if you dont want to post on open forum

Thanks

Smokey

P.s Can you do the rocker cover on exchange so i dont have to be without mine for any length of time? In other words.......You powder coat one 449 and send it to me, i fit it and send you mine back?