ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

polishing engine parts etc etc

hi guys can anyone give a guide on how bes to do this where to start what products are required etc etc cheers

if you're gunna diy .....dremmel drill and sandpaper if different grades , personally , i'd give it to a metal polisher who would do it quicker and a better job

Vectra 1.9 CDTi SRi 150
Good luck to doin it yourself:dapprove: ....£60 well spent in my opinion:)

60.gif

£60 is a bargain - agreed - to do it by hand will take a goo 20hrs work on the plenham alone plus your fingers will be beelding a lot by the end lol!

£60 is a bargain - agreed - to do it by hand will take a good 20hrs work on the plenham alone plus your fingers will be beelding a lot by the end lol!

Range Rover sport 4.2 S/C
Ive started doing mine by hand , been on it about 6 hours now and i only have half of the plenum done and thats not around the letters :( takes awhile but it looks great when its done

Takes ages to get rid of all the fine scratches :dapprove:

if you're gunna diy .....dremmel drill and sandpaper if different grades , personally , i'd give it to a metal polisher who would do it quicker and a better job

dont do it by hand - i tried today and trust me its not easy hence why mine goes in mon to the polishers :)

1.6 focus zetec....
Ive got a mate that can do all this stuff so if theres anyone in the midlands that wants stuff doing then drop me a PM!! Will be getting a lathe that they do the work on down my cousins unit in the next few weeks so....

stevo172-RWD

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 rwd
here my new polished one .

got to choose the backgroung colour...

what do you think?

Last edited: