ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Poll - who own’s your Clio

e60 M5 -172- dciheid

Quote: Originally posted by Matt Wills on 22 June 2005

1. You?

2. The finance company?

3. Your Mum or Girlfriend/Boyfriend?

4. Darth Vader (sorry I am a little bored this morning)?

me - nae long before the loan is paid off as well

500bhp Scoob

I own my car.

Didnt pay a penny thou, a mate just signed the v5 over to me and gave me the keys :)

Mini Cooper S sport

Quote: Originally posted by rory182 on 22 June 2005

cool, does that put us in the running for poorest 182 owners MB? :oops:
Guess so :cry: but I just had to have it! At least my insurance isnt too bad.

Quote: Originally posted by Swervin_Mervin on 22 June 2005
What do you lot do to be able to afford new cars without finance or loans?

i think its a fair comment to say that a lot of folk who are saying they own their cars mean in the legal sense as a bank loan is not secured on the car, and all the "i paid cash for my car" is probably them handing over cash from a bank loan to a dealer.. if you had asked who owned their cars outright with no outstanding balance to anyone then you might have got a different response..!! if as stated about 70% of the cliosport club have 10 to 14K cash lieing around spare then surely they must be able to afford the next level of performance cars...

Camel

Me paid cash no bank loan although my girlfriend drives it 90% of the time like miss daisy I drive it the other 10% of the time like it should be driven!;)

133/225/CLS AMG

I say it is mine coz I pay the loan on it buuuuut its registered in my mums name so that means I can insure myself under her name. This means I only pay about £600 a year on the 172.

The finance is in my name and I have about 180 months left to pay.

Confused?? I am lol!!

Scruffy blue 182

Quote: Originally posted by stu182 on 22 June 2005

Quote: Originally posted by admob on 22 June 2005

finance, which is great as once paid 51% its going back, so depreciation or wear & tear isnt an issue.. i consider it as a lease car really.... if its worth more than wot i owe at trade in time then ill try & sell it private.. cant really lose.....
Do many people have this kind of agreement? Honda tried to sell me this kind of deal when I was considering a CTR before buying the 182. As the car depreciates fastest in the first couple of years, cant the running costs be as high then as they are when its a bit older and has higher servicing costs, and hence leave you out of pocket and car-less at the end?

Guess it must be pretty good if you can pick up a 6 or 12 month old car on that sort of agreement though, as the first owner will have taken the biggest depreciation hit.
EVERY finance deal is like this - its part of the consumer credit act or whatever. Once a certain amount has been paid back (usually around) 50% you can do a Voluntary Termination and terminate the finance agreement. Obviously when you terminate the agreement without full payment you have to hand the car back, but if its worth less than you owe, youre a winner!

^^thats exactly what im now about to do, hand mine back next month hopefully.

£196 left to pay them, then they can have it. If i pay it off, then its £5125 or something like that, then i sell it i would only get £4500 maybe, less for trade in.

So why should i loose that money. Let someone else loose the money and have the hassle of selling it!

Mini Cooper S sport

Quote: Originally posted by PeteB on 23 June 2005

if its worth less than you owe, youre a winner!
Not really - the interest rates of finance are generally a lot higher than bank loans, so youll already have been paying more than you should!