ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

pool of water in car

A few days ago noticed it was a little damp in the rear passanger footwell then this morning looked and there was a little pool of water and it was soaking wet,so jacked the car up and there is like a little circle like grommet thingy right under where teh water was,so i put a load of sealent around it.If This was not the cause of the water gettin in my car where else could it be comin from , anyone else had the same problem ??

The cars a clio 16v mk1

Cheers

Rich

other possibilities are leaky sunroof or aeriel, or if car is losing water, leaking heater matrix, hopefully not though

but how would the water get in to the rear of the car , and it is just in the middle of the carpet no trails of water leading to it or nothing. :confused:

Theres no wet patches in the front just 1 little bit in the rear passanger footwell.

mine leaked in exactly the same place and it turned out to be the window seal for the rear window had perished, and the water had run down the b pillar and onto the carpet

sounds like that could be my problem does it run from inside the pillar so i wouldnt see no water on the pillar ?

And can u get a new seal fitted ?

iam playing these game my seat belts are getting wet iv replaced the rear quater glass seal £25 no luck next step two door rubbers £ 48 each the water runs down the inside of the plastic trim and gets to the floor if you remove the rear trim you may have water sitting down in the cillls rusting inside hope this helps mailto:fu@king">fu@king renos