ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

poor handling

clio 172 full fat phase 2
Now i dont know if i was expecting too much of the cup, or maybe its a case that the bmw handled so well its making the clio look bad, but im getting pretty dire under steer through fast sweepers and im sure my old clio 172 handled/gripped much better. Took her out for an hours blast tonight and was dissapointed on how she behaved. Just as alarming was the smoke coming from under the bonnet which on closer inspection was a piece of what looked to be far retardant matting (irony) sitting on the exhaust manifold- Where the f**k did that come from.

I have brand new Toyo's- running 30psi all round. The shocks are past their best and need replacing which i will be doing as soon as i decide what to go for.

Car has never been in a prang

just fitted some powerflex to the dogbone and pulled the engine forward slightly on the upper engine mount to stop the annoying clang of the exhaust on the sub frame.

Any ideas whats up- is it just shocks (in which case im just being an ass) or does it sound like an alignment issue. Does anyone know a decent fast road set up for the cups as I can do all the alignment stuff myself. Toes front and rear.

just fishing for ideas really

Last edited:

Stefan.

ClioSport Club Member
id say get both shocks as you have said they are past there best and wheel alignment sorted. you cant expect a car to be amazing if you dont keep it maintained :dapprove:

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
check for play in joints and track rods/ends as above, replace dampers, go genuine unless your willing to spend big bucks. geometry setup as the icing on the cake!

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
^^^This.

After I changed my ball joints the other month turn in was a sh*t load better,
although it has now shown up how worn my track rods are now, I can feel a little clunk on hard cornering.
It was an advisery on the last mot tbf, so I know it needs sorting.