ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

pop bang etc

Audi A6 (S3 on order)

Fired the car up today when leaving for home after work. As I pulled away down the road I gave it a little dab on the loud pedal and spotted a car coming the other way. Took my foot off the pedal and as the car slowed itself ..... I got a "pop pop fart crackle pop" from the exhaust. Now this instantly brought a huge smile to my face. I am guessing somehow there was some unburnt fuel hitting the exhaust ... although the exhaust would have been fairly cold :confused: Its someting I have wanted to the car to do for a while.

My Friend owns a Ford Racing Puma. If any of you have had the pleasure of a having a ride in one you will have noticed how they backfire/pop when the driver backs off the throttle in a rally car style. I absolutely love the noise they make and wish mine did it more often !!!!

Has anyone else had any experiences with this on their clio ? and if so, had it been modified in any way ?

Regards,

Ross

[Edited by rmccardal on 10 June 2004 at 10:43pm]

williams and trophy

check the vids of the foto shoot mate(wen they apear on here)......plenty bangin poppin n flamin on that i believe hehe

yup, 2 Lives got a flaming Willy, does it all the time and looks/sounds the dogs. Its when yer car overfuels you get this. I will have the vids up soon, and 2 Live, Matt got some amazing shots of the 1 in front spitting flames and popping!

Audi A6 (S3 on order)

From standard or modified cars ? Just wondered how many people have had this on standard cars ...... or what I can do to make it happen more often ;)

<--- waheyyyy member now :)

don't

hmmm I have a 1.8 rsi and i want it 2 pop, engine wise its standard, at moment only got 15" alloys on it, gettin lowered soon then window tints

how can i get it 2 pop, have tried takin it up 2 high revs then coming totally off accelerator and no luck there, makes a nice lil grumble at lower revs but no pop or anythin :-(

ideas pls ppl??? (i want 2 scare old ppl)

.Dave.

Mr2 Roadster

Dave, decat it and a single rear box should do it! Ask DeanRSi as his used to!

don't

cheers nicky,

only got the clio last week, was thinking of de-cat, has 12 months mot anyway,

at moment exhaust system is standard apart from a stainless steel backbox,
cant c what make it is or anythin, think its 2" or 3" exit though

roughly how much would it cost me 2 get the de-cat and then 2 get it fitted???

cheers
.Dave.

don't

am i right in thinking best way 2 get it 2 pop is b in say 3rd gear or woteva and take revs up to 5500ish then just completely come off accelerator???

that best way 2 do it or what??

new 2 the whole pooping thing

.Dave.

decat and straight thru zorst will do it. As long as you dont have too large a tail pipe it will do it. Oh, if yer cars chipped it wont do it either, or shouldnt do, I believe its when the car over fuels.

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport

Quote: Originally posted by NickyB on 11 June 2004

Dave, decat it and a single rear box should do it! Ask DeanRSi as his used to!
if u got an aftermarket backbox...i..e i got a powerflow one, u think it would pop etc if i simply decatted?

don't

Just seen this quote on an old post about poppin, is this best way 2 attempt popping then??? should u use the clutch at all or isit all just use of the go go pedel!!??!!

"rag it to redline nearly.....let the revs drop back down with u havin part throttle on pedal , then release acc pedal and re-apply.....usually works"

also read that its best 2 attempt when exhaust will be pretty hot, wouldnt wana take it up 2 near redline anyway unless it was already warmed up

mite av a lil try 2nite and c how things go, been very gd wit the rsi so far, not even had 1 race yet, usually nice casual driving

its weird cos out of my previous 4 cars , 1.1-1.4 i get the best petrol consumption out of the 1.8 rsi, thought id get less

on 1.4s i only eva got 80-90 miles off £10, on the rsi i get 100ish from £10

.Dave.

williams and trophy

Quote: Originally posted by Essexlad_Dave on 11 June 2004

Just seen this quote on an old post about poppin, is this best way 2 attempt popping then??? should u use the clutch at all or isit all just use of the go go pedel!!??!!

"rag it to redline nearly.....let the revs drop back down with u havin part throttle on pedal , then release acc pedal and re-apply.....usually works"

also read that its best 2 attempt when exhaust will be pretty hot, wouldnt wana take it up 2 near redline anyway unless it was already warmed up

mite av a lil try 2nite and c how things go, been very gd wit the rsi so far, not even had 1 race yet, usually nice casual driving

its weird cos out of my previous 4 cars , 1.1-1.4 i get the best petrol consumption out of the 1.8 rsi, thought id get less

on 1.4s i only eva got 80-90 miles off £10, on the rsi i get 100ish from £10

.Dave.

hehe yeah mate ......that quotes about spot on lol;)

300bhp MR2 Turbo

On valvers with no cat the fuel which would have been soaked up by the car settles in the exshaust system, then itll get forced down and at some stage ignite causing flames. Mine does it!!

Best with a strait through system as then you take the centre section out meaning even more free flowing gasses!

Mine does it every time I drive it, sometimes it gets annoying really..

Most of the time it puts a smile on your face though!

don't

hmm had a lil try on way home, 2nd gear, up to 5100rpm come off revs down to about 2000revs then lil pushes on acceleration again, nothin though

do i need 2 take it higher 2 av a chance, then start pressin go go pedal a lil bit at what revs???

cheers

.Dave

E55, KitCar & '85 Quattro

i followed a mint sierra saffire thru the brynglas tunnels (m4) on a cruise once, and the guy kept on backing off and it sounded like he had a sorn-off shot gun aimed right at me! bits of water came on my screen for a few secs too! was the first time i heard an exhaust properly pop- didnt know wot was happening!!!!

-phil-

E55, KitCar & '85 Quattro

haha- not as fun as poppin, but all good!

how much will it cost to fix or r u gonna do it ureslef wit some sealant?