ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Poppin!

y dont my zorst pop!

got a 3" peco backbox with a k-tec de-cat, fcukin loud jus no poppin!

tried everything from raggin it in 2nd then layin off but nuffin!

might give my system a clean out!

ne 1 help?

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8

yeh just gently tap the pedal with ya foot, a couple of times and when we say tap on a quick tap about 1cm, u will get a feel for it eventually

Quote: Originally posted by Essex_Lad on 03 October 2003
got a 3" peco backbox

thats why

i have never heard a peco pop :eek:

Ive got a Scorpion system on my car, with a straight through cat replacment pipe, and mine pops every time in second gear.

Youll probably need a free flow system with hardly any back pressure to achieve a good pop and a flash.

yeah mine pops all the time especially when its warm and as the others say rag it then let go then put your foot down a little bit should pop then?

yeah novas usually pop so not sure where your goin wrong?

vix :)

Bumder With A Buffer

I have a magnex on mine and can get it to pop peice of piss. it doesnt pop very loud though but does sound the tits!!

Are there any centre sections left in the exhaust system? Ive got a de-cat on my 172, but there are no signs of any pops. Ive been told that this is because there are a couple of silencers after the car. Arse, feck and drrrink.....I want popping too :cry:

mk2 172

mine pops all the time, but jons and adis take the piss, even behind them on motorway at speed if ur behind theres a loud as owt pop with a sometimes huge flame. c**ts.....

;)

i still got a standard mid section so the silencer proberly stops it poppin!

ne idea where i can get a straight throw mid section or could i make one!

williams and trophy

lol

dont u jus luv it lol hahahahahahaha

mine has 2 silencers after the cat n still pops like a b*****d....u jus gotta know how its dun lol

mine does it best round town in 2nd, leather it to redline, back off n not even 1cm push on acceleraor will do it, jus keep tappin it to make it pop or slightly depress it then back off again this will cause the flames hehe and a fukkin BIG pop

I used to be able to make the de-catted Williams pop at will using the same method as you, Jon. It just wont do it on the 172

mine pops like a b*****d all the time, ktec silenced decat into a devil strait through into a magnex back box, get the odd flame apprently and does sound nice without being novaesque. but then i hear it from the inside...

Cant remember exactly around £80 from demon, dont forget to claim your discount for the club cos its worth it as your a member...

Mine had a magnex and de cat and popped and flamed all the time!!! When i got it chipped it stopped flaming so i changed the backbox to a custom 1 and it back flaming again :D

Rev it to between 4 and 6K and hang out the gear change once you heard the pop nail it again and repeat it wicked.

The popping is a result of the air/fuel mixture becoming very lean when the throttle is closed and the engine is rotating well above idle speed. A backbox wont make any difference, youre de-cat is creating the noise, youll need a proper exhaust (i.e free flowing) to get the pops and crackles.

-Rob

2012 WRX Waggon

my bike used to pop and flame.....just hit the kill switch, open the throttle with engine off a few times, then off with the kill switch and drop the clutch......KA BOOM!!!:D