ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Portable pressure washers - worth it for weekly washing?

Clio 197
Basically i have no access to an outside tap or electricity where i park my car (round the corner from my house)

Yesterday i stumbled upon a portable pressure washer when searching detailing world. This would help me immensly as i could get a greater volume of water involved in the cleaning & rinsing process. They can either be pre charged or run off your cigarette lighter and are pre filled with 15L of water...this seems perfect for my situation, are they worth it?

Is the pressure they produce enough? (Mobi apparently runs up to 130 PSI)

Are they the ones the boys on dw take to shows?

If so I saw someone using them and they sound ideal for your needs. Obviously don't expect miracles or an amazing foam but it will be great for blasting the winter s**t off the car after a rinse.

M135i and the shed
I've got one. Great for shows and light washes but in the winter you'll want to take it to a proper jet wash to remove all the serious stuff first.

I bought mine originally for cleaning bikes but it's great for shows and spring, summer and Autumn washes of the car.

A slow blue one.
Honestly if I was in your situation I'd consider investing in a little ONR , people achieve fantastic results with this stuff without using a pressure washer and people have ditched portable pressure washers in favour of this stuff for a quick pre-wash at shows.
http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=195294

Can't imagine a pressure washer that charges off the in-car cigarette lighter would be much cop imo, I'm prepared to eat my words though if it does turn out to be pretty good :)

Clio 197
hmmm yeah still in two minds, i have also been researching ONR which i will end up trying at some point