ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Position for returning a car to a trader

172 cup
its one of them things I guess, I just got a 172 cup from autotrader and ive found quite a bit wrong with it over the last week, happens to us all :) u after another clio?

Sell me your 197
All my 172's i've bought with broken timing belts. Find one well, well looked after with a bad belt and do it yourself, you'll get a good motor for less than a grand :D

Pearl Black Clio 172
its one of them things I guess, I just got a 172 cup from autotrader and ive found quite a bit wrong with it over the last week, happens to us all :smile: u after another clio?
Yeah I think so mate, gonna keep an eye on here and the usual channels. Ive paid my £12 membership now, I wanna make the most of it! :grinning:

Listerine & Poledo
happy endings are back again!

A reasonable trader is a rare thing to find, so well done.

Get into the "for sale" on here and see what you can find. They have all been used by road-warriors but at least they (probably) wont be ready to self-destruct :)

Pearl Black Clio 172
All my 172's i've bought with broken timing belts. Find one well, well looked after with a bad belt and do it yourself, you'll get a good motor for less than a grand :smiley:
Id be tempted to do this but ive got a friend with one with everything in tact but a noise coming from the gearbox for £400. He is a trusted friend too so I know he has maintained it well but doesnt have the time of day for it now, so I may give it a bash and revamp it. spend £1000 on it and it would have only set me back £1400 but should be a good egg.

Pearl Black Clio 172
Get into the "for sale" on here and see what you can find. They have all been used by road-warriors but at least they (probably) wont be ready to self-destruct :smile:
That was the thing for me - I literally don't care about how much maintenance it needs, ill do it to ensure it runs right, but if bits are gonna blow any minute that doesnt leave me in good stead! Cheers mate :)

Listerine & Poledo
Id be tempted to do this but ive got a friend with one with everything in tact but a noise coming from the gearbox for £400. He is a trusted friend too so I know he has maintained it well but doesnt have the time of day for it now, so I may give it a bash and revamp it. spend £1000 on it and it would have only set me back £1400 but should be a good egg.
A whole recon gearbox, fitted by Renault Main Dealers, won't cost you a grand ;)

Seriously, don't get to sold into the idea of continually pouring money into a Clio.

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
Great, if a little unexpected, outcome. As said, have a look at the "Cars for Sale" section on here.

Buy my 182 for £1500 if you like. No refunds though. Or test drives. In fact, arrive blindfolded.

Pearl Black Clio 172
A whole recon gearbox, fitted by Renault Main Dealers, won't cost you a grand :wink:
Seriously, don't get to sold into the idea of continually pouring money into a Clio.
Im not too sold on the idea of ploughing tones of money into any car haha, but im open to a small project. Ive entirely rebuilt my fiesta in the past - different engine, interior, wheels, brakes, suspension... hell even the headliner! So im used to either way :)

Pearl Black Clio 172
having a look at this over the weekend or next week, its my friends car that hasn't been in use for a while but only £500
ggwwsZh.jpg

Pearl Black Clio 172
Nice bargain for 500 notes
Taking a few people with me but its my friend who has also built up my 1.8 Cupra turbo so I trust the fella, he also engine swapped my fiesta to a puma 1.7 so he knows what he is doing. im willing to revamp it at that price!

Pearl Black Clio 172
He'll stitch someone else up with it I bet...
You'll find a better one..
You know what the funny thing was?
He said "Look I didnt hear any noise and the cracked disc sound only came the day before you viewed the car".
He then proceeded to show me a video of him doing 0-120mph in it.
I said "With a stuck caliper, thats how you crack the disks you idiot".
Put me RIGHT off.

R5gtt, 182, volvo...
He's a c0ck, he doesn't have any mechanical knowledge and is selling unsafe cars...

I bet he's the sorta guy that's mate does him a blind mot.. Sends kids out in unsafe cars and doesn't care so long as he's got his profit...

A car dealer used to bring cars to us years ago to swap the wheels over with similar cars on the way to get mots, then swap them back to the bald ones after.. Loads of big car dealers are total criminals and smaller ones can be worse.

Pearl Black Clio 172
He's a c0ck, he doesn't have any mechanical knowledge and is selling unsafe cars...

I bet he's the sorta guy that's mate does him a blind mot.. Sends kids out in unsafe cars and doesn't care so long as he's got his profit...

A car dealer used to bring cars to us years ago to swap the wheels over with similar cars on the way to get mots, then swap them back to the bald ones after.. Loads of big car dealers are total criminals and smaller ones can be worse.
jesus chris :| thats bad!
Its hard buying a car when you literally cannot trust a soul, because you could have the most honest genuine guy in the world, but then you get the arsehole saying the same things but masking every problem under the sun.
I dont know if you saw my other thread, but this is the fella that let his wife and very young child travel in a car with this on it:
3KAKkhG.jpg

R5gtt, 182, volvo...
I bet if you spotted that, told the seller and walked away, he still wouldn't have fixed them..

I bet he's topping up the gearbox with some super thick oil as we speak..

Pearl Black Clio 172
If you dont want that Black one, I'll have it...if it has Cruise control
Don't think it does, but if it does that's even more of a reason for me to buy it ;)

I bet if you spotted that, told the seller and walked away, he still wouldn't have fixed them..
I bet he's topping up the gearbox with some super thick oil as we speak..
Most likely. He seemed reasonable but then when you think deeper into what he has said, certain things don;t actually add up. Hence why I'm looking at a car of a guy I would genuinely trust with my life.