ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Possible car-jacking

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member

Just been to Asda now and as per usual, Ive parked in some distant corner to avoid the muppets with the trolleys. Got back to my car, fired it up and was just putting the seatbelt on when a new-shape Micra pulled up alongside my door.

Two blokes were in it and the driver asked if I spoke Italian (not that I know many ginga Eyeties and certainly not in deepest, darkest Blackburn :confused:). I smirked and said no, to which he said he had a business venture with stuff he was trying to sell out of the boot of his car and was I interested?

Doh! Like, errrrr, yeah, why not? As if for sh*t Id get out of the car, let alone deal with someone on a car park. I just fobbed him off and then both of the blokes started asking loads of questions about the 182 - what it was worth, was it quick, how much was the insurance, etc. I just set off (there was nothing in front of me) and they followed me out of Asda, but turned a different way. Obviously, I was the only person suitable for this business venture in the entire store at that time.

It whole situation stank - and I doubt very much they were Italian themselves - despite some dodgy accents. And just how much stuff can you sell out of the back of a Micra????!

t**sers....

D.

Yaris Hybrid

My experiences in previous jobs show that when people try to make conversation like that they are usually up to no good.

Once some kids were sat a few metres from my car and asked me where a certain road was when I walked up to my car. I knew that they werent interested in that info and were trying to hide something. I looked and they had stolen my dust caps but soon got them back....

I would say these blokes were sizing you up for something.

don't

hmmm gd job u were alert mate

knowing me i would have climbed in his boot looking for the cheap goods

keep an eye out for it, did u get the reg plate???

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member

Toypop - my thoughts exactly. I wish Id memerised the reg plate to be honest. It was a rental car - you could tell because it had one of those large "The car takes diesel fuel" stickers that covered the filler cap...

The switch in conversation to the 182 was a clear giveaway and the fact that they drove out of the car-park straight afterwards. If this so called business venture was so good, wouldnt they try and persuade other people and stay where they were in the car-park?

The fact that they wanted to get out of there proved that they thought they had been rumbled and didnt want police or whoever turning up, if I had reported them.

Im not arsed about myself, tbh - Im more concerned for other owners who maybe targetted.

D.

Im always getting approached by dodgy young asian blokes in expensive looking suits trying to flog me watches out of the passenger window of hired Mercs LOL

I think Ill pass, thanks... lol

LOTS!

Yup - similar experience with some dodgy geezers asking me if I wanted to buy a laptop at a set of traffic lights! Err... no thanks mate!

(Promptly burnt them off as a show of, ...showiness). :D

Yup i always get that watch thing, they normally say

"I just bought this brand new BMW and got this free watch worth over £700, but i already have a nice watch and wondered if you would like to buy it for £90"

Yeah good one mate :O

Always happens to me in retail parks, I must just look like a MUG

They would have been albanian gangsters trying to pass themselves of as italian. They always do this, be very careful with these people they mean business.

Silver 172 Mk2

If it happens to anyone else, be respectful, say no, clock the reg and let the police know.

The details can be entered into their inteligence system and any police car with a number plate recognition computer will stop it and have a good going over of the car.

Where as they may not get anything from the initial search it is good inteligence to use and they can be watched from then on.

Quote: Originally posted by White16valver on 17 May 2005
Im always getting approached by dodgy young asian blokes in expensive looking suits trying to flog me watches out of the passenger window of hired Mercs  LOLI think Ill pass, thanks...  lol

lol yeah ive had this a couple of times. Usual story is they have just come back from an exhibition and have these £500+ watches that they are selling for £80.

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf

The latest one i heard about was a group of imigrant looking types trying to sell perfume on car parks.My girlfriend had it in an e-mail,and they were not actually selling perfume it was that drug that nocks you out when you smell it.Like you see in the movies .....

Anyway a few people have had there cars nicked and a couple of women have been raped.Immigration is a wonderful thing eh?!

ian

Nippy white cup

What colour Micra was it Daz? Nic sometimes goes to Asda and I want to keep an eye out for these tw*ts!

Chris

Ford Fiesta

id phone the police with that information. At least they can log it on their intelligence system.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member

It was like a cream/biege colour Chris - new shape diesel.

Liam, I probably will m8. Like I said in the previous post, Im not that mithered about myself. But Id be sh*t-scared if Jain was put in a similar situation in her car and I dare say ppl like Chris would be worried about Nic too...

D.