ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Possible Cure for Knocks

Im getting bored of trying to get Renault to come up with a fix for the knocking at the front right of my Cup- the top mount mod didnt work or isnt the cause.

Head various folks reckon aftermarket (Eibach?) springs might do the trick? What about Koni- thinking of getting a full kit as it comes with a good guarantee. Also, I dont like the banging from underneath (axle tramp or exhaust knocking on subframe) under full bore out of corners, or if there is the slightest broken surface & trying to get the power down- Anyone tried Poly bushes for the front? Powerflex do them for the wishbones & antiroll bar. Anyone give me any advice/recommendation

My 172 had this problems, mine still has the knock now even though they have replaced suspension struts, bushes, etc. It would be a waste of money if buy performance parts and it didnt work. I would just keep on at them, i have managed to get a good deal on a 182 because of this problem.

Worth bearing in mind- although Renault UK have changed their tune in the last week & are admitting there is a fault, where previously they have denied it. Might try & get them to pay for different parts.

How good a deal on 182 if you dont mind me asking. Still love the Cup but am reading good things about the new one.

Does the knocking only occur in low speeds, press the accelerator down and lift off and then you can hear the knock. Also intermittently happens when changing gear again 1st to 2nd and 2nd to 3rd especially?

Ive only had mine a month and Ive just taken mine in to the garage with the aboce symptons.